May 2014 Weddings
Options

Am I behind on sending out the STD??

I am JUST now looking into them and our wedding is May 25.  Am I behind in sending them?  Should I not even bother at this point? I still don't have guest lists from any parents!
Anniversary

Re: Am I behind on sending out the STD??

• Options

I don't think you're necessarily behind. I've heard anywhere from 5-8 months before the wedding. I mean we did just send ours our this week, but that's mainly because almost all our family and friends are coming from either out of state or from across the state. Depending on your situation you can still send them out in late November/early December and I'd still say you'd be good. But depending on how big your wedding will be you may want to start gathering up addresses (ours is around 150 so it took us maybe a week and a half to two weeks to get everyones addresses).

But if you don't want to, you don't have to send them out! Some people just see it as an added expense, and that's totally understandable. We may not have had them if I wasn't bored looking around websites and absolutely just fell in love with a design :)

• Options
    We haven't sent ours out yet because we haven't taken our engagement photos yet and our photographer is making them for us (we got engaged in August, so it's been a bit of a whirlwind), and we're getting married May 24th. We're going to do the photos in the next week or so and then send the STDs as soon as they're ready. While everyone knows our date already, I think they're still nice to send.

• Options
    I have no plans to do engagement photos as I find that just an added expense.  I have been looking at shutterfly cause I got a bunch of coupons (which I found out today I can only use one at a time) for them via David's Bridal.  We do have a lot of out of state people coming in, all from my side of the family.  But the people who will be coming already know when and where, so I don't know.  I suppose I'll send them out, but I'll be using a photo of us that we have taken on one of our adventures or something.  We will be visiting my family in just over a week in CA, so maybe I can get a good photo of us while there.  Anyways, we'll see what happens.  Maybe I could just use shutterfly for our invites or something.  Just mostly wanted to make sure that I wasn't wasting my time looking at them :)  Thanks ladies!
    Anniversary
  • Options

We ended up getting our engagement photos done for free by booking our photographer within 30 days of getting a price quote.  We're using them on save-the-dates, but I just ordered the proof this past Saturday and we're getting married May 3rd next year.  Something tells me we'll be on the 5-month end of that 5-8 months before the wedding mark  ;)

• Options
    We just got a hold on our date last week and still have to pay the deposit, so we haven't sent ours out yet. Probably will before the end of the month though.
  • Options
    We are doing our engagement photos November 19th, and probably wont send out our save the dates till January. I think it will be 5 months prior but everyone already knows our date and we only have a few coming in from out of town. 

We are waiting till January because I am a dork and sending out an ugly Christmas sweater Christmas picture in December with my fiance. (I have ALWAYS wanted to do this!!) I don't want our STD's to get lost in the mix of Christmas cards.

• Options
    We are getting married on May 25th and sending the save the dates out on Nov.1st.  So I think you are right on schedule.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My wedding in May 3rd and we will be sending out STD next month
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My wedding is May 3rd.  I just approved the proof of our save the date on weddingpaperdivas.com and they're printing now! Expected delivery is by Oct. 28 so ours will be going out as soon as I can get them in the mail, but definitely in November.

I have to say....we booked the big stuff right away and then took a planning break.  Getting back into it and choosing the save the dates is making everything so real and exciting again! :)

• Options
    Thank you so much ladies!!! And @ark155, I looked at their site as well and liked a lot of what they have to offer.  I have quite a few saved there as well!! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Weddingpaperdivas.com is amazing. I just approved our proof yesterday and they are working on printing the. We should have them by Friday and we will be working on getting them out in the mail around the first of November. 
  • Options

Im sending mine out this week and I was told that I am getting an early start on them.

I got mine from magnetstreet.com. I love them!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We haven't sent them yet, but will within a few weeks.
    They are probably going to be electronic and very informal, since we don't have a ton of out of town guests and most are very close friends and family so they already know the date.
  • Options
    After thinking about it, and talking with people about it, our STD will also be our Christmas card as well.  So I'll be sending them out early December.  We don't have any really nice pictures of us together because nine times out of ten we are doing something super dorky and we just look weird.  But tomorrow we are flying out to see my family in CA so we will get a nice casual beach picture of us together while we are there at some point that we can use :)
    Anniversary
  • Options

I absolutely LOVED working with Wedding Paper Divas! They have impeccable customer service. And when we ordered a proof of our STD, we were sent an email with it in about 2 days. There was two little things wrong (not really their fault, as they were just trying to make the text bigger and was therefore getting cut off), so we emailed back explaining... and within MINUTES the designer emailed back again with the revisions, apologizing. They were shipped the next day, and we received them the next business day. Very fast, and the product is GREAT! And they almost ALWAYS have a 25-40% off sitewide sale, or free shipping if you sign up for their emails.

I really recommend them if you haven't considered who to use for STDs or Invites :)

• Options
    im not doing them at all.i think its a waste of money.with all the social media people use now i just put something on facebook,created an event that way.and announced it on there too.we skipped engagement session too.we just dressed up nice and had someone take ourpics for us..(my mom and step dad)
  • Options
    I don't think your behind. I am sending mine out first of January and my wedding date is May 31. I did not want them to get tossed aside in the Christmas card pile! :) 
  • Options
    @clharrison2 We are actually going to send them out as Christmas cards so we don't have to pay for postage twice.  That, and I do want a small wedding, so if they get lost in the Christmas card shuffle, its okay :) While we are here in CA, a family friend is a photographer, and as a wedding gift to us, she did our engagement photos at the beach.  They came out great!  We are so happy with them.  The hardest part will be choosing the best one! lol.  So I'll probably use a paper service of some kind for our Christmas cards and then PaperDivas for our wedding invites.  I really liked a lot of their designs.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That is a really cute idea! We have our engagement pictures November 8th and are putting some on our save the dates. They are going to be like a postcard. Good luck with wedding planning! 
  • Options
    Nah, I don't think you're behind. We haven't done ours yet either. Our date is May 5, but that's for our cermony (destination wedding) We're sending out our save the dates with the date of our home reception. We have our destination guest list already set. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards