Plus-Sized

rehearsal outfit?

So, since white is such a forgiving flattering color ... what are you/did you planning to wear for rehearsal and groom's dinner? I have a winter wedding in Minnesota (read: COLD/no sundresses) so finding a fun maxi dress is super challenging as they seem to be out of season now, as does anything white. Our rehearsal will be formal, but I don't want to spend a ton of money on another white dress that I likely won't wear again. And, any suggestions on places to get something formal other than online, I need to try it on before buying it.

Re: rehearsal outfit?

• You don't have to wear white to the rehearsal (you can if you want to, but it's not traditional/expected).  I wore a blue dress I bought from Macy's to my rehearsal. 
  • Ditto on the not wearing white, that's definitely not required. I say stick to something simple and traditional that flatters you. Maybe a LBD? Look online and figure out what styles you like then go from there with fit and color. 
  • have you tried signing up for Gwynnie Bee?  I've gotten some awesome dresses from there that would be great for a rehearsal dinner.

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards