Moms and Maids

Photo Board or Photo Blanket For Bridesmaid Gift

I'm getting my BMs a really nice bottle of champagne (we all love bubbly!) and either a photo board or photo blanket (http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-gifts/fleece-photo-blankets) for their gifts. I just don't want to guess what kind of bag or jewlery they want. This is sort of a poll to get an idea of how I want to do the photo gift. My BMs are between 22 and 27.

1) Would you prefer a college style board with little handwritten notes and photos tucked into ribbon board, a printed board from shutterfly that is all one piece, a nice frame with just photos, or the photo blanket in the link above.

2) What type of pictures to include? I was thinking one from when they were little (I know all their moms really well, so I'm going to find some gems). One from the year I met them. One cute one of us together recently. One from the bach party or bridal shower of all of us. For the ones in serious relationships, I was thinking one of them and their man (or should I leave that one off). One of them and their family. And maybe just one really pretty one of them. I could do just random cute pictures of us together over the years or of just their family. Any other suggestions of ones to add or leave off?

Re: Photo Board or Photo Blanket For Bridesmaid Gift

• kgd7357 said:

I'm getting my BMs a really nice bottle of champagne (we all love bubbly!) and either a photo board or photo blanket (http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-gifts/fleece-photo-blankets) for their gifts. I just don't want to guess what kind of bag or jewlery they want. This is sort of a poll to get an idea of how I want to do the photo gift. My BMs are between 22 and 27.

1) Would you prefer a college style board with little handwritten notes and photos tucked into ribbon board, a printed board from shutterfly that is all one piece, a nice frame with just photos, or the photo blanket in the link above.

2) What type of pictures to include? I was thinking one from when they were little (I know all their moms really well, so I'm going to find some gems). One from the year I met them. One cute one of us together recently. One from the bach party or bridal shower of all of us. For the ones in serious relationships, I was thinking one of them and their man (or should I leave that one off). One of them and their family. And maybe just one really pretty one of them. I could do just random cute pictures of us together over the years or of just their family. Any other suggestions of ones to add or leave off?

You really should shop for your bridesmaids gifts like you shop for their birhday or Christmas gifts. Each maid should get something individual and special - to me that doesn't mean the same blanket with different photos.

If you are set on going with one of your two options, I would go with the board. If I was in a wedding and got a blanket with photos on it, it would go straight into the linen closet, never to be seen again.

• If it was their birthday i would get them a bottle of wine or champagne and take them out to dinner. I can't really do the dinner part, so I'm doing half of what I would do for their birthday, then something personalized. We all have enough handbags, and nick nacks.'

Thanks for the thought on the blanket, I was worried about that.

• kgd7357 said:

If it was their birthday i would get them a bottle of wine or champagne and take them out to dinner. I can't really do the dinner part, so I'm doing half of what I would do for their birthday, then something personalized. We all have enough handbags, and nick nacks.'

Sure you can do the dinner part.  You can each get them a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant.

As for the photo collage.  If you are set on doing this then I would go with the photo frame/board and not the blanket.  A photo blanket just seems weird to me.

• kgd7357 said:

If it was their birthday i would get them a bottle of wine or champagne and take them out to dinner. I can't really do the dinner part, so I'm doing half of what I would do for their birthday, then something personalized. We all have enough handbags, and nick nacks.'

I think my point was that you shouldn't get them all the same personalized thing. For instance, I am getting one of my maids who loves to cook and entertain a really nice cutting board shaped like our home state my maid who loves a certain artists one of their prints, and my maid who is getting into at-home drip coffee brewing a set of gadgets for that. In addition, I am putting together for all of them a day-of kit and am taking them for man/pedis the day before the wedding.
  • 1.  Just framed pictures so I can put it up on my wall and looks nice.  I am not a fan of photo blankets, but maybe that's just me.
    2.  Sounds fine.  I would include mostly pictures of the group of friends or myself and the BM.
  • Hmm. Taking them out to dinner is different than giving them a gift certificate for dinner. It's about spending time with that person too. I'm doing mani-pedis too. Who doesn't love mani-pedis!

I may add something smaller in that is completely different too, I just don't want to pick something out that is very pricey that they would rather have picked for themselves. For example, I have a BM that loves snowboarding. We go together a lot. I would totally get her a cute hat for $20 or so, but I don't want to get a really nice jacket that may not be her style or size. Jewlery I find to be a really personal thing too.

So, I'd still like to do the photoboards. I'm nixing blankets based on feedback, but I'll add something smaller that is totally different for each girl.  

• edited November 2013
    TBH, I don't like the blanket, at all. If you're considering spending $50 + on that, why not get them gift cards to their favorite restaurants? 

If you're sure your friends are sentimental picture collectors, then go with the collages. This is something I would have probably appreciated as a teen or young adult, but as a married old hag, not so much.

• kgd7357 said:

Hmm. Taking them out to dinner is different than giving them a gift certificate for dinner. It's about spending time with that person too. I'm doing mani-pedis too. Who doesn't love mani-pedis!

I may add something smaller in that is completely different too, I just don't want to pick something out that is very pricey that they would rather have picked for themselves. For example, I have a BM that loves snowboarding. We go together a lot. I would totally get her a cute hat for $20 or so, but I don't want to get a really nice jacket that may not be her style or size. Jewlery I find to be a really personal thing too.

So, I'd still like to do the photoboards. I'm nixing blankets based on feedback, but I'll add something smaller that is totally different for each girl.  

Lots of people don't love mani pedis.

• I would pick the one that is likely to be used by the individual person, whether it is a photo board, a collage or just a beautiful frame.  I suggest you chose something that they can keep for years.  The blanket probably will not get used, and if it does, it will just wear out.  Just my thoughts. 
  • I'm not a big fan of either.  Personally, I would prefer the blanket over the board. The board would probably get stuck somewhere in a box or the back of a closet.  I use fleece blankets I currently have and would probably use another.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards