May 2014 Weddings

Looks like I'm honeymooning at Sandals instead of Couples...

Sooo, my travel agent called me this morning and told me that my honeymoon plans are going to be changing! Couples Barbados had a multi-year lease on their property and spent a TONNE of money renovating it, as of January 2013. Turns out there was a loophole in the lease saying that the lessors could still sell the property, despite any standing lease agreements... And they just sold to Sandals! Couples was forced to terminate their lease, and our resort is going to be a Sandals starting November 6. They're still honouring our price, room, etc., but I'm waiting to hear if they're going to be doing renos while we're there, and if it's still going to be adults-only. We do have the option of getting a refund, but I really don't want to cancel and find something else. We'll see how it goes! Slightly stressed, but handling it fairly well :)

Re: Looks like I'm honeymooning at Sandals instead of Couples...

• Ahhh get out! I was all hyped up to hear about Couples. I may have told you already, but that was my first choice- but I let FI make the final decision so we're going to an Iberostar instead. Barbados will be amazing though- good for you for keeping your cool :) I hope it stays adults only.
  • I remember you saying that, @ohxhi ! I was super pumped to go to Couples because it sounded amaaaaazing, and I kinda liked the idea of not going to one of the more popular chains (ie: Sandals haha), but I'm sure it'll still be great :)

• It will be! It's Barbados and you'll be with your HUSBAND. Ahhh! So exciting :)
  • You are going to have a great sandals or couples!!! Barbados is AHMazing!! We went there for a destination wedding for my friends wedding and we loved it!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards