Catholic Weddings
Options

What is / will be engraved on your rings?

Here's a (potentially fun) question. What is or will be engraved inside your wedding bands (if anything)?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: What is / will be engraved on your rings?

• Options
    We didn't do any engravings. I'm sure some people love them and can make it a lot of fun and be meaningful- but I think the rings speak for themselves. =)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Aww... I like that :)

The inside of mine says "What God hath joined"
    The inside of his says "Let not man put asunder" (he liked "asunder" because it sounds epic... men)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    We inscribed both our wedding bands with the following as a reminder of the sort of love that we aspire to in our marriage, but often fall short of  :-)

AGAPE 5.28.2011
  • Options
    i wanted something fun, but we ended up just with our First and First and the date (our first names are short, so we opted for that rather than initials)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_what-is-will-be-engraved-on-your-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:c48fa39c-a61c-494f-8898-047bf9b691e5Post:1a1b27c9-869d-460d-aa62-1206fc8953b8">Re: What is / will be engraved on your rings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We didn't do any engravings. I'm sure some people love them and can make it a lot of fun and be meaningful- but I think the rings speak for themselves. =)
    Posted by lindsaynewbride10[/QUOTE]

This.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't do engravings either. Mine is super-narrow, and I'm not even sure anything would fit, and DH's is tungsten (or titanium? can't remember,) and I'm pretty sure it can't be engraved.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Mine isn't engraved because it's super thin and old (it was my grandmother's set).   It's special enough to me, though, so I'm not too disappointed.  I think engraved rings can be really nice, though, so it's not that I'm against it.  It's just not an option for my ring.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Ours will be engraved with "only forever". It's a thing in his family :)
    Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. -1Peter 4:8
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_what-is-will-be-engraved-on-your-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:c48fa39c-a61c-494f-8898-047bf9b691e5Post:2060eb7c-9202-4c95-a3ec-d55990de2a9b">Re: What is / will be engraved on your rings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww... I like that :) The inside of mine says "What God hath joined" The inside of his says "Let not man put asunder" (he liked "asunder" because it sounds epic... men)
    Posted by TeaForMe[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I love this! </div><div>
    </div><div>FI got his ring with his family in Spain and engraved it without me so he had my first name and the date engraved. In order to match, I had his name and our wedding date engraved. 

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiance is getting "In loving memory of DJV" for my father. He didn't get to meet him, he passed before my fiance got home from Afghanistan. I am also going to have them put "Put this back on" engraved in his. Mine in too think to have any engravings.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards