Honeymoon Discussions

Weekend Honeymoon

Hello!

My fiance and I are getting ready to graduate from college and we are getting married May 16th. However, we start graduate school on June 2nd, so that's not too much time to be on a honeymoon. We were thinking about taking a four day trip (from Saturday to Tuesday), but we have no idea where to go and we are on a limited budget (not entirely sure how limited yet...but limited to the point that we can't afford $550 plane tickets anywhere). We are from Oklahoma. Does anyone have ANY ideas on some romantic weekend getaways?

Re: Weekend Honeymoon

• I'm not sure where you are in OK, but plane tickets to Austin, Chicago or New Orleans might not be so expensive. Otherwise, you can drive to your nearest big city and stay in a nice hotel. Or maybe you have a rural area with cute B&B's nearby?
  • Without a better idea on your budget, it's hard to say.  If you can't afford $1000 worth of plane tickets--- can you afford $1000 in general or is your budget lower than that?  Your centrally located to a lot of nice places but vacations are rarely under $1000 for 4 nights, 2 people.
  • Yeah I'm thinking our budget for two people is maybe going to be around $2000 I just was being a little stingy and not wanting to spend half of it on plane tickets ;) Thank you for your suggestions though!! They are very helpful!
  • If you know anyone in the hotel/travel business, see if they can get you a friends & family deal on a hotel room. Also check out free/ cheap things to do in big cities near you...I live about 2 hours away from Indianapolis and they have a lot of free or very cheap museums, tours, wineries/wine tastings, etc.

I don't know if you have them in OK, but we have Visit Indiana, Visit Indianapolis, and Visit Fort Wayne guides in print and that are available online that list different attractions by type; restaurant, museums, tours, special events, etc. These sites look like they're similar to what I'm talking about:
    http://www.travelok.com/
    http://www.visitokc.com/

You can just google "Visit _____" to pull up similar sites for the city/state you want.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards