Registry and Gift Forum

Registrylove.com--Serious Customer Service Issues! Anyone else?

Hi all!

I'm thrilled and actually feeling CALM before my wedding, in 15 days.

However, I am trying to update my registry at Registrylove.com and can't reach anyone! I've been trying for two weeks! We need to add more items and I'm getting worried that I'll never receive the items already bought by friends and family. What should I do?

I e-mailed twice, called twice, contacted them through the website and wrote on their facebook wall. Anyone else with them? I'm going to have to create a new registry in a few days and report them to the Better Business Bureau if I don't hear from anyone. :(

Re: Registrylove.com--Serious Customer Service Issues! Anyone else?

• I have no idea what Registry Love is.

Why didn't you register at actual stores like Macys, Crate and Barrel, Target, etc?

• I can't really find ny reviews or info on them besides their site. 
    Since all their social media hasn't been updated in months I would be concerned too. Can you close your registry or hide it so no more purchases are made off of it? I would do whatever I could hide the registry so no more gifts are purchased off it - primarily bc I would be concerned about my guests' personal/ financial info being submitted to the site based on the situation.

You might want to hit BB&B or another store and register this weekend. 
    GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I agree, I would probably remove remaining items or close the registry if that is an option.  I'm not sure what Registry Love is either.  I tried to look it up and it seems like something along the lines of Amazon Universal Registry.  Are transactions handled by RegistryLove.com at all?  Or is this just a hub where guests can see all of the items that you want, regardless of what store carries that item?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I went with them because they took a smaller cut of the monetary gifts/had less in fees. Also, they have a few options like "contributing" any amount to larger items and sending all the gifts at once...it's really flexible. It is a legit business--with a secure credit card program and terms of service and got tons of buzz when it started up last year. Marika, the owner was so responsive a few moths ago.

I plan to make a new registry and hide that one on Monday if I haven't heard from her. But I am worried about the people who already bought gifts through there that we haven't recieved. We used this site also because we wanted to do a mix of honey fund and registry...from different stores. I realize there are other ways to do this, but pretty pissed I have to figure out how two weeks before my wedding.
  • By the way, I live on NYC and don't have room for "stuff" so that's why I did something more personalized. Not everyone needs a house full of stuff.
  • You're not going to get a lot of sympathy.  Cash registries are rude.  Your guests are smart enough to know that people like cash, especially if you don't make a traditional registry.  Don't re-register at another cash site.  Trust that your guests know how to write a check if they want to give you cash.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    I went with them because they took a smaller cut of the monetary gifts/had less in fees. Also, they have a few options like "contributing" any amount to larger items and sending all the gifts at once...it's really flexible. It is a legit business--with a secure credit card program and terms of service and got tons of buzz when it started up last year. Marika, the owner was so responsive a few moths ago. I plan to make a new registry and hide that one on Monday if I haven't heard from her. But I am worried about the people who already bought gifts through there that we haven't recieved. We used this site also because we wanted to do a mix of honey fund and registry...from different stores. I realize there are other ways to do this, but pretty pissed I have to figure out how two weeks before my wedding.
    Apparently not.

Outside of the rude factor, this is one of the problems with these cash registries.  Companies take some (or in your case all) of the gift.  At this point, the best option is to close this registry.  You still have time to create a real registry at a store.  If people want to give you money, they'll put it in an envelope.  
  • I was reaching out to see if anyone else is with them and having the same problem or knows anything not to be told by someone I don't care about that I am 'rude.' I already closed the registry. I also have a small registry at Target already. My friends and family loved the idea that we got creative because they care about us, and not doing the traditional thing. 

What's rude, in my opinion, is ASKING for gifts. I believe my guests' presence is enough. My parents wanted me to register because they are more traditional. Though we were sort of against a registry at all, so we did what we could and that's why we chose  the site we chose. But, always stating, that their presence is enough.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time pleasing everyone and letting them get gifts we won't use. I hope your stuff makes all of you very happy.
  • I was reaching out to see if anyone else is with them and having the same problem or knows anything not to be told by someone I don't care about that I am 'rude.' I already closed the registry. I also have a small registry at Target already. My friends and family loved the idea that we got creative because they care about us, and not doing the traditional thing. 

What's rude, in my opinion, is ASKING for gifts. I believe my guests' presence is enough. My parents wanted me to register because they are more traditional. Though we were sort of against a registry at all, so we did what we could and that's why we chose  the site we chose. But, always stating, that their presence is enough.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time pleasing everyone and letting them get gifts we won't use. I hope your stuff makes all of you very happy.
    We're not registering or having a shower at all, since we don't need stuff.  But thanks for assuming that I'm materialistic because I believe in being polite to my friends and family.  I'm seriously curious why people these days seem to think it's OK to beg for money from people who are supposed to be their nearest and dearest.

A traditional registry is a COURTESY to your guests who want to buy you gifts.  It helps them to understand your decor and see what you need.  A cash registry does nothing to help people.  Your friends and family are smart enough to know that cash is appreciated.  They don't need to be told how to give it to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dear blueobsidian,

I'm not interested in arguing. I apologize for my snarky remark. This is my last post unless I get information that might HELP people on Registrylove in the same situation. That was my intention in posting on the forum--trying to connect with people for the sake of helping people.

As I already said, we didn't want to register anywhere or ask for gifts. We did it as a courtesy to my parents and in the process we registered for both physical items and to have people donate to parts of our honeymoon--our guest were so excited and so GRATEFUL that we got creative! Probably they were excited because they actually care about us and don't want to buy us a bunch of stuff we don't need, but still want to congratulate us. We ALWAYS put a note that their presence is the best gift they can give us.

You may or may not be materialistic. I can't make that claim. I'm interested in letting people live how they want to--not in doing the traditional thing or calling other people out on what I think is right. And, I hope you ARE happy with your stuff, or without it. 

Good luck with your wedding. 
  • blueobsidianblueobsidian member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    Dear blueobsidian,

I'm not interested in arguing. I apologize for my snarky remark. This is my last post unless I get information that might HELP people on Registrylove in the same situation. That was my intention in posting on the forum--trying to connect with people for the sake of helping people.

As I already said, we didn't want to register anywhere or ask for gifts. We did it as a courtesy to my parents and in the process we registered for both physical items and to have people donate to parts of our honeymoon--our guest were so excited and so GRATEFUL that we got creative! Probably they were excited because they actually care about us and don't want to buy us a bunch of stuff we don't need, but still want to congratulate us. We ALWAYS put a note that their presence is the best gift they can give us.

You may or may not be materialistic. I can't make that claim. I'm interested in letting people live how they want to--not in doing the traditional thing or calling other people out on what I think is right. And, I hope you ARE happy with your stuff, or without it. 

Good luck with your wedding. 
    And if "living how you want" means being rude to your friends and family, you don't care.  Got it.  I'm sincerely interested though, why would you invite people to your wedding who you are OK with being rude to?  I don't follow etiquette because it is tradition.  I follow it because I love my friends and family and wouldn't want to be rude to them.

Why can't you say the same about your wedding guests?

They are smart enough to know how to write a check.  It is not a courtesy to ask for money, it is rude.

You didn't do any research about this site, which seems to have no reviews or real presence online.  You probably got scammed.  I'm not sorry, because you shouldn't have done this in the first place.

I hope you are happy with your money, if you ever get it.  Know that it came at the expense of treating your love ones politely.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LondonLisaLondonLisa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    Ditto BlueObsidian- you really are not going to get a lot of sympathy for a cash registry. They are a scam to your guests so I am not surprised they scammed you too.

And side note: what your guests say to your face is rarely the same as what they'll say behind your back when you break etiquette and are rude to them. So don't think that everyone wasn't side-eyeing your rudeness just because they didn't outright say it to your face.
  • I said I wasn't responding unless I can help someone, but I have to clarify the situation, because we are in very different ones, it seems. 

Ditto BlueObsidian- you really are not going to get a lot of sympathy for a cash registry. They are a scam to your guests so I am not surprised they scammed you too.

And side note: what your guests say to your face is rarely the same as what they'll say behind your back when you break etiquette and are rude to them. So don't think that everyone wasn't side-eyeing your rudeness just because they didn't outright say it to your face.
    LondonLisa, we...hang in different crowds. We just do. People talking about you behind your back is your experience, not mine. I surround myself with lovely, honest people. Here's evidence that they are not offended by my so-not-offensive registry:

I registered for 35 items (200 invited, by the way). 31 were actual items (25 from target and 6 from various stores. The other 4 "items" were contributions to our Honeymoon. We grouped them together on this site to make it easy, but everyone had the choice to go to the stores or through the site (links to all on our wedding website). 

THE FIRST ITEMS TO GO WERE THE HONEYMOON CONTRIBUTIONS. ALL of them. FIRST to go. More than a MONTH before the wedding. So my family and friends had the option to send a check, buy an item, or contribute online, and the first responders chose the Honeymoon thing right off the bat....in fact, half of the items we registered for won't get bought (which we love because we didn't want gifts in the first place!). People keep sending money and I'm almost positive if I had offered more options online, they'd make it easier on themselves and do it there. 

So, I'm not apologizing or worrying about my wedding guests being offended--they're basically awesome and supportive. I know, it's rare and I am really lucky. 

I will post again when I have an update about registrylove.com, which is why I posted on here in the first place. I am actually making headway in my quest.

But still, brides, don't sign up on this site! The customer service is still absolutely terrible. :(
  • Regardless of the honeymoon registry debate - why on earth are you setting up a second registry with a company that has not responded to you in months?? I would not risk putting my friends and family's financial info at risk! If you can't get ahold of them, they haven't sent any of the gifts, and have no social media activity you are risking a HUGE possibility of a SCAM!

You should pull the registry. Don't have one at all. If people want to give you cash they will. Otherwise got o Target and register for the 25 items. You are being selfish by continuing to put your loved one's financial info at risk. This does not sound like a reputable site, regardless of how helpful Marika was MONTHS ago. Please close them both!

• photokitty,

I can only respond to you if you read the WHOLE thread so you know what's going on. Thank you. :)

Everyone else,

The headway I am making is in connecting with other brides who used the site at one point very recently and we are all making complaints to the Better Business Bureau and other government agencies. I am very lucky as not much was bought on this site for me before they became unresponsive and some of it was already delivered.

This site has (or had, when they were responding) contracts with major stores. So, I am reaching out to those stores as well, to see if I can get in on a corporate level. These girls were creating a huge buzz in the tech industry for a while and fulfilled many registries completely in the recent year before becoming unresponsive in the last month. This is what I have found in my digging.

Anyway, if anyone hears of anyone else on this site who used it (I've connected with a few through other sites that have obviously been way more helpful than this forum), please have them message me here on theknot.com so we can have power in numbers. 

From one kind bride to the next, I thank you for your help!

• edited September 2013

photokitty,

I can only respond to you if you read the WHOLE thread so you know what's going on. Thank you. :)

Everyone else,

The headway I am making is in connecting with other brides who used the site at one point very recently and we are all making complaints to the Better Business Bureau and other government agencies. I am very lucky as not much was bought on this site for me before they became unresponsive and some of it was already delivered.

This site has (or had, when they were responding) contracts with major stores. So, I am reaching out to those stores as well, to see if I can get in on a corporate level. These girls were creating a huge buzz in the tech industry for a while and fulfilled many registries completely in the recent year before becoming unresponsive in the last month. This is what I have found in my digging.

Anyway, if anyone hears of anyone else on this site who used it (I've connected with a few through other sites that have obviously been way more helpful than this forum), please have them message me here on theknot.com so we can have power in numbers. 

From one kind bride to the next, I thank you for your help!

@stefany113 You can't be serious! I was the second poster and i reread the entire thread before posting again. You are being rude and I'm sorry i tried to help you. Good luck,sounds like you need it ! Karma, young lady...

• @Photokitty--I stated CLEARLY on September 8th that I closed the registry down. Then on September 17th you BERATED me for "creating a registry with someone who hasn't responded in months" and told me I "should pull the registry". After it was pulled....a week before. So, no I'm not kidding. Let's chat when you know what's going on.

I created a registry with a VERY responsive company (spoke on the phone twice in the first month), people bought gifts, I received some, not all, of them and THEN they became unresponsive. After three weeks of trying, I closed the registry (September 8th). But, I continued to do research, because I, unlike most people on this forum, am interested in getting information and warning others about a possibly terrible company. I did find other brides on other sites and we worked together to create a complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH THE COMPANY THIS WEEK. They have sent me tracking numbers for our gifts and apologized PROFUSELY for the lack in customer service. The story she gave me sounded half-assed--family emergency out of the country, etc....so it doesn't make it okay at all, but I'm glad they at least seem to be trying to do the right thing. I will post here as soon as I get back to my home and have received the gifts.

I'm going to say it again, BEST registry site, WORST customer service. It seems like it will be okay in the end, but they really screwed up and I can only imagine how it will affect this start-up.

On another note, we had the most amazing wedding with PERFECT weather and my husband and I are so happy. I wish the same for each and every one of you. :)

• @Photokitty--I stated CLEARLY on September 8th that I closed the registry down. Then on September 17th you BERATED me for "creating a registry with someone who hasn't responded in months" and told me I "should pull the registry". After it was pulled....a week before. So, no I'm not kidding. Let's chat when you know what's going on.

I created a registry with a VERY responsive company (spoke on the phone twice in the first month), people bought gifts, I received some, not all, of them and THEN they became unresponsive. After three weeks of trying, I closed the registry (September 8th). But, I continued to do research, because I, unlike most people on this forum, am interested in getting information and warning others about a possibly terrible company. I did find other brides on other sites and we worked together to create a complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH THE COMPANY THIS WEEK. They have sent me tracking numbers for our gifts and apologized PROFUSELY for the lack in customer service. The story she gave me sounded half-assed--family emergency out of the country, etc....so it doesn't make it okay at all, but I'm glad they at least seem to be trying to do the right thing. I will post here as soon as I get back to my home and have received the gifts.

I'm going to say it again, BEST registry site, WORST customer service. It seems like it will be okay in the end, but they really screwed up and I can only imagine how it will affect this start-up.

On another note, we had the most amazing wedding with PERFECT weather and my husband and I are so happy. I wish the same for each and every one of you. :)

@stefany113 - Yes, I did! Because you CLEARLY stated on 8/8 you were deleting the original and opening a new one. So let's chat bc I know what's going on...
    I plan to make a new registry and hide that one on Monday if I haven't heard from her.

So either you have poor communication skills or can't keep your story straight. I don't know - I'm so baffled by you and over your drama. I feel bad for your guests, that you not only asked for money AND put their financial info at risk -- but hey you're happy and it's all about you, right?? Good luck!

Moral of the story if this company did a poor job and hopefully other folks will see that and choose not to use them. Lurkers, do NOT use registrylove.com! The OP has extremely low standards if she is willing to endorse them after what she claims to have gone through.

• @photkitty,

Opening a new registry meant a NEW one, not one at registrylove.com, obviously. I never got around to it; I just left the Target one open that very few people seemed to be as interested in, by the way. 

I never got on here to be dramatic. I got on here to try to reach out to friendly bries who might be having the same issue I was and all I got was attacked by other brides about opinions I never asked for. I think that was my main problem....I didn't ask for anyone's opinion on registry etiquette, just tried to get ideas from people about the company.

I'm very thankful this company came through, but I would never and have not endorsed them in any way. I would never recommend it to anyone and haven't. I'm so glad to be done with this thread and TheKnot.com, quite frankly.
  • And for anyone following this thread, here is the real information that matters. We got home and the remaining gifts that had been ordered (about two months ago), had been delivered to our home.

So in the end, this site is NOT a scam and I don't think they ever meant ill will. I am glad we did not have to go farther with BBB complaints or credit card fraud complaints. However, I would not sign up with this site as the service is terribly inconsistent and they really messed up big time--scaring many of us brides by being unresponsive. I would steer clear of this company and head towards something like MyRegistry if you are looking for an inclusive registry. It's a sad thing because they had a great idea and a great design, but that doesn't make up for the lack of communication and respect for their customers. 
  • DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE! They take your guests money and do not distribute gifts. The site was great in the beginning but now that my wedding date has past, my gifts are undelivered and no one is answering the phone, returning emails or responding to chats at all. There are 3 complaints filed against them on the Better Business Bureau website. They are not accredited by the BBB. Do not let an accredited business handle your money or your wedding dreams.

How did you get them to contact you? Nothing is working for me and my wedding was 3 weeks ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards