Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Need a "from husband to wife song" to incorporate into surprise dance

Hello everyone,

We are doing a surprise first dance, (not really super goofy like most of the ones you see on youtube, but rather really cute.)  anyway, the second to last song is me pushing my husband into a chair and doing a little lip-syncing and dance routine to Christina Aguilara's "Aint no other man."  We want to end with him sitting me in the chair and him doing something similar for me.  We can't think of a good song though.  Thanks for your help!  

Re: Need a "from husband to wife song" to incorporate into surprise dance

• Please don't make your guests sit through a multi-song performance.
  • That was not the question.  Our guests know "us" and will love it.  If they don't, they should be there.  It's only 2.5 minutes tops. Thanks for your help.  
  • That was not the question.  Our guests know "us" and will love it.  If they don't, they should be there.  It's only 2.5 minutes tops. Thanks for your help.  
    I went to a wedding that had  "surprise performance".  I love the couple and the people that they are individually but I HATED that dumb ass dance.  So it is completely possible for your guests to love you but hate your dance.

• I have been to numerous weddings where I hated the food, the music, the layout, the numerous announcements, etc.  But it was THEIR wedding and what THEY wanted.  
  • But the reception is to thank your guests and should be planned with their enjoyment in mind. Making them sit through a choreographed dance number and justifying it by saying that you've had to sit through receptions you didn't care for isn't keeping their enjoyment in mind. It stops being all about you the second you invite others to the party.
  • I have been to numerous weddings where I hated the food, the music, the layout, the numerous announcements, etc.  But it was THEIR wedding and what THEY wanted.  
    But it is not just about YOU when you start including guests into the equation.

And you said that you hated the food and the music and the layout and whatever else.  Don't you think that your guests may have the same opinions about your wedding?  They aren't just going to love it because it is what you wanted.  I have been to many weddings that were horrible, but I certainly wasn't like "oh well it was what the bride and groom wanted so me not having a seat and eating cold spaghetti is perfectly okay."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards