Wedding Party
Options

Flower Girls vs. Jr. Bridesmaid

I have 2 nieces that I want as apart of my wedding but not sure where they should go...they will be 11 and 9...do they meet jr. bridesmaid age or can they still be flower girls??

Re: Flower Girls vs. Jr. Bridesmaid

• Options
    If they want to be flower girls, they can be flower girls. If they want to be bridesmaids, they can be bridesmaids. Really it's up to what they're comfortable with. I don't like the jr. title because really they're not doing anything different from any older BMs (walk into church, perhaps carrying flowers, walk out of church).
  • Options

If they want to be flower girls, they can be flower girls. If they want to be bridesmaids, they can be bridesmaids. Really it's up to what they're comfortable with. I don't like the jr. title because really they're not doing anything different from any older BMs (walk into church, perhaps carrying flowers, walk out of church).

This. No one will care. Let the girls be what they want. The only time anyone will see their "titles" is in the program. Even at that, there's not even a need to list WP titles.
  • Options
    ok thanks...one more question to that questions then...the older girls also have 2 younger brothers and a younger sister that are going to be the flower girl and ring bears...is that to many to have 3 flower girls and 2 ring bears...they are a huge part of my life and I want them all a part of my day
  • Options
    Nope, but I would make sure the younger kids are old enough to understand their roles and good behavior - usually somewhere north of 3.
  • Options
    the youngest will be almost 2...their parents are standing up in the wedding party...and I am a firefighter and have an old wagon that was made into a fire truck the younger ones will be pulled in
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    ksurane18 said:
    the youngest will be almost 2...their parents are standing up in the wedding party...and I am a firefighter and have an old wagon that was made into a fire truck the younger ones will be pulled in
    No kid under 3 should be pulled in a wagon, especially by other small kids.  That's very dangerous.  If a kid can't make it up and down the aisle on his/her own, just have him/her in pictures and let it go at that.
  • Options
    AddieL73 said:
    Ring bearERS.
    This reminds me of HIMYM. Barney keeps talking about his ring bear and Robin has to keep correcting him/ is worried he's actually going to bring a bear :)
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    ksurane18 said:
    No kid under 3 should be pulled in a wagon, especially by other small kids.  That's very dangerous.  If a kid can't make it up and down the aisle on his/her own, just have him/her in pictures and let it go at that.
    Many venues will not allow children to be pulled down the aisle in wagons for liability reasons. . . have you checked with your venue on their policy?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options

We had two younger girls in our wedding - 9 and 7. We asked if they wanted to be a flower girl or a bridesmaid and they both chose bridesmaid.

As for the younger kids - I would just prepare yourself that anything can happen the day of. You don't know what mood they will be in, how they will react, etc. I would try and stay away from the wagon for safety purposes.

• Options
    AddieL73 said:
    Ring bearERS.
    This reminds me of HIMYM. Barney keeps talking about his ring bear and Robin has to keep correcting him/ is worried he's actually going to bring a bear :)
    I'm convinced it's actually going to be either a. a tiny bear or b. a kid in a bear costume..... we'll have to wait and see... 
  • Options
    I have 2 10 yr old nieces and an 8 year old nephew. was planning on the girls being flower girls and my nephew ring bearer
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards