Texas-Houston

Raven Lodge - Huntsville State Park

I went to visit this venue and thought I would pass on the information that I found out as there is not much information out there.

Raven Lodge is a group recreational hall with day use only. It's all dark wood inside and was built by the CCC.  The Huntsville State Park brochure says you can rent it for $250 a day plus $2.00 entrance fee per person for anyone 13 and older.  I've heard of some brides getting the place for less at certain times of the year however.  The facility is 4,000 square feet with a capacity of 200 people.  It has central heating and A/C.  There is a kitchen area with a refrigerator, electric range, serving bar and a counter.  There are separate men's and women's rooms as well.  The park gates close at 10:00 p.m. every night so your event needs to be over unless everyone is spending the night in the campground.

To reserve the lodge you can make reservations at 512-389-8900. 

More details - Raven lodge is L shaped.  The front room contains the bar, a fireplace and the restrooms on either side of the fireplace.  There is a front door entrance and doors that open onto the covered porch.  The room is approximately 20 feet wide (from the wall to the bar) and 30 feet long.  The bar is 16 1/2 feet long and 25 1/2 inches wide.  You access the kitchen from this room as well. The kitchen is a nice size with a regular sized fridge, a deep sink and an oven. 

The main room is also rectangular and has a strange little hall from the front room where the fireplace is.  There is an ugly picture above the fireplace which measures 43 inches wide and 52 inches tall in case you want to cover it.  The end of the room that overlooks the lake has a bay window.  All the windows in this room have curtains.  There are twelve 8 foot x 30 inch tables and 71 blue chairs.  There is a set of double doors that goes to the covered porch.

The patio is huge and has five or six rock planters randomly around the patio.  I took a lot of pictures and will upload them shortly.

I was told that we could serve alcohol as long as it wasn't publicly displayed. 

Re: Raven Lodge - Huntsville State Park

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards