Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW: Need dress/jewelry advice from you ladies

KateJ16KateJ16 member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited November 2013 in Not Engaged Yet
So I don't think I ever mentioned it, but I ended up with a dress a few weeks back.  It was something I tried on from the clearance rack to make sure I liked the dress I was going to get, and then I just fell in love with the way it fit.

But - It is one-shoulder dress, and I'm not sure if I can wear a necklace.  I really really want to wear a fun, chunky, pearl choker necklace of some kind (maybe like this?), but I'm not sure if it will look right.  (Also found this, but again, not sure)

So: Dress - here! (you know, the way it's SUPPOSED to fit)

Dress on me (attached)

What do you think?

(Edited to finally include the picture of me!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: AW: Need dress/jewelry advice from you ladies

• Options
    I would go with the less chunky necklace if you definitely 100% want to do a necklace. I'd probably end up having fun with crazy earrings instead since the dress has a beautiful neckline with the one shoulder.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Oh my goodness!! So gorgeous!! I love both of the necklaces you posted, I especially love the pearl choker...I may be biased since I'm wearing pearls myself but they are both beautiful! I think you can pull off a one shoulder with a necklace. I would just try on the dress with some different options and see what you feel looks best.
  • Options
    I love the pearl necklace and your dress! So pretty.
  • Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    Cute dress!  I think the strap is off to the side enough that it wouldn't interfer with the necklace that much and I really like the chunky pearl necklace. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I was hoping people could say I could go with the pearls - I will find out when I start going in for fittings, but that won't be until next year (and I'm trying to get as much purchasing done as I can sooner rather than later!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think either necklace would look lovely. The nice thing about the neckline of the dress, especially on you, is that it's not a very high neckline. A necklace will not get in the way, and a cute choker will definitely be out of the way.

Also, you look AMAZING in it. I often find that I prefer how a dress looks on people in real life, verses how it looks on a photoshopped model. You are stunning!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Thanks @phira!  I just loved the dress - all the other ones I tried on had sweetheart or modified sweetheart necklines which I am SO not comfy in - I loved that this was more modest but still pretty :)  I can't wait to see what it looks like once it actually fits me and doesn't take a ton of clips to hold in place!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

You look so stunning in your dress. Love it!

I would recommend that you purchase a couple different jewelry pieces that are returnable and take them to your next fitting to try out. They don't have to be the exact piece or correct color...just something to give you an idea. I just KNEW I was going to wear a chunky necklace with my dress. Then when I tried on some different things turned out I loved my glitzy earrings better. Sometimes it's better to wait (expecially if you're a way out from the big day) and keep your options open. Just a thought.

• Options
    I love that pearl necklace, and I love the look of a big statement necklace, but I'm going to be the party-pooper here and say that I really don't think one-shoulder dresses lend themselves to necklaces very well. I've seen it tried on many occasions, and rarely thought it worked. Give it a try, though. You could be an exception!

I LOVE that dress, btw.
  • Options
    I agreed with elle until I saw my pictures. I felt like if I had found the right necklace, it could have worked. either way you'll look gorgeous! yay for one-shoulder brides! (Eh, you know what I mean)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    I think a necklace would look fine with that one-shouldered gown.  If you want chunky, go for it.  If you are unsure, maybe you could try on a few different styles of necklaces with the dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards