Connecticut
Options

Saint Clements Castle Brides

Hi Ladies! Has anyone gotten married/is getting married at Saint Clements Castle? There are so many rules during peak time (we're getting married July 2014) and I'm curious to know how others have worked this out! For example, where did you take your pre-wedding pictures? Where did you do your rehearsal and have the rehearsal dinner? Also, we'll be getting married outside at 7pm; the temp should be good at that time, right?! Thanks!! :)

Re: Saint Clements Castle Brides

• Options
    My sister had a July wedding there as well. I'm not entirely sure what restrictions she had for photos but I know that the coordinator she worked with at SCC went over that with her. She has gorgeous photos from various places on the grounds and inside both pre and post ceremony.

Her ceremony was at 6:30 or 7 p.m. with an outdoor cocktail hour following and it was plenty warm.

SCC is a beautiful venue and the coordinators there go above and beyond to make sure you have zero worries. Definitely ask them any questions you have, my sister had a zillion or so and they always answered right away and really put her at ease.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the information! Where did she do her rehearsal? 
  • Options
    You're welcome!!

Whoops, I meant to add that we went to Vito's by the Park in Hartford, near Bushnell Park for her rehearsal dinner and it was fantastic.  The rehearsal itself was in Glastonbury (her officiant is a minister in Glastonbury). She had a Friday night wedding, I'm not sure if a Thursday night rehearsal at SCC was an option or not.

Main Street in Middletown has a ton of great restaurants that would be great for a rehearsal dinner and it's not far from SCC. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had my wedding there in July in the Prince Edward Room. It was truly perfect, Saint Clements does an awesome job. We took photos outside and in the Sunken Garden as well as at a farm in South Glastonbury. Rehearsal wasn't an issue for me as I did not get married there, but at a church, however you really can rehearse anywhere with your officiant. I have been in numerous weddings where we could not rehearse at the actual ceremony space, not a big deal. My rehearsal dinner was at 2 Hopewell in Glastonbury, it was great, they do a beautiful job.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards