Pennsylvania-Central
Options

MOH in need of help!

I need help!  I'm in the midst of planning a bachelorette party for bride to be, four of us girls and only two maybe three are willing to contribute for the party!  Bride is not feeling the downtown scene but I'd still like to do something fun and unique to celebrate on a budget.  Any thoughts on how to one deal with some not contributing monetarily and two places or things to do?

Re: MOH in need of help!

• Options
    You can't make people contribute to party costs. Have you talked to the ones who don't want to pay to see what they want to do? They might be more willing to help if its something they'd like to do as well.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I was a bridesmaid a few years ago, and we had a similar issue while planning the bride's bachelorette party. Some of the girls had decent-paying jobs, others were making extremely low salaries, and some were still in graduate school. After several rounds of girls vetoing ideas and/or saying they wouldn't be able pay for it, the organizer asked each of us privately what we were willing to spend on a bachelorette, including the cost of their own attendance. The lowest amount was $100, so the organizer capped all costs at $100 per person. We ended up picking a location that was about halfway for everyone, going to a fantastic small spa for pedicures, and then having a leisurely brunch at a very nice, historic restaurant along a beautiful river. It was a great day, and the bride loved it. If your friend (the bride) isn't really into the bar/club scene, something like this might work really well for her and keep the costs down for everyone else. If some of the girls don't want to pay for anything/attend, that's fine - you can just do something more intimate with those who are able to come. Hope that helps!
  • Options

I agree with mkincaid, you could cap it where people are most comfortable. Some suggestions - spa or pamper day (probably but mani/pedis would be just as good), wine tour, fancy dinner and have a get-together afterwards at someone's house, if the bride is into sports, you could go to a game (depending on when you're aiming for). Also a day trip could be fun; Baltimore and Philly are close and depending on activities, may not be as expensive as it sounds. Going to see a show and have dinner in NYC could be fun, for example, if the bride is into that.

I went to a bachelorette party recently where they went bowling. For my bff's bachelorette, we had a nice dinner then had a Tasteful Treasures party at someone's house; it was a lot of fun and still bachelorette-y without the stale downtown scene. Consider your friend and what her interests are and maybe go from there. If people really can't/won't pay, have perhaps a "bridesmaids only" luncheon at an affordable place after the bachelorette; or they could just participate in whatever they can afford (ie: if you have dinner then an activity, maybe they come for one, not both).

• Options
    My friends and I just went out for dinner and drinks. Then headed to a local bar to hear a band. Although we'd liked to have gone away for a weekend type escape, it just isn't practicle for any of us right now. I understood that and was just happy to have fun with my friends for a night.
  • Options
    I love the Ladybug Tea House in East Berlin (if you are willing to drive a little).  I recently attended a shower there, and it was delicious and a fun experience!
  • Options
    Try Addicted to the Pole, I've heard it's a fun time.
  • Options

Try a ski-roundtop trip.  They have packages and they can cap you at a cost for example, they can cap you at $300 rather it be 4 people or 24 people.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards