Registry and Gift Forum

Got Our First Gift...NYE Wedding...Send Thank You Now or After?

Our gift happened to be money- should we send thank you now or should we wait to send after the wedding?

Re: Got Our First Gift...NYE Wedding...Send Thank You Now or After?

• Now!  They'll feel better knowing you received it. If it's a check, cash it now but don't spend until after the wedding.
  • I figured we should hold on to it, in the event that the wedding doesn't happen (it will, G-d willing)...
  • yes send a gift and then cash it (if a check).  Just do not spend anything until after the wedding.  My husband and I started a joint account after we got engaged so when we received money leading up to the wedding we already had a little account in both our names and we could both deposit into as our savings. This made it easy after the wedding too since regardless of the name change status we were able to deposit into the account since we were already on the account and had a copy of the marriage certificate.    

Anniversary
  • Cash the check, don't spend it.  Then if the wedding doesn't happen you return it.  But please do cash it.  The one and only time I gave a check the couple held it until 2 months after the wedding, so I couldn't balance my checkbook for like 4 months (I sent it early).  It was a huge pain in the butt.

And yes, send thank yous as gifts come in.  It will make guests happy and you will have less to do when the deluge happens.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you when you get the gift. It will give the gift-giver peace of mind knowing you recieved it, and will be one less thank you note you have to write after the wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards