November 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding Welcome Bags

We are having some out of town guests and I am trying to figure out some things to put in their bags to get at the motel, I want to keep it fairly simple, does anyone have any ideas?

Re: Wedding Welcome Bags

• Options
    We are doing some as well. We are including bottled water, snacks (one salty and one sweet), aspirin, emergency. Plus a note from us with the wedding details.
  • Options
    All of our family is staying at one rented house (VRBO) together.  I'm trying to get in touch with the owner to see if we can get in to leave welcome bags so I'm glad someone posted this.
  • Options
    We are doin water, snacks , time line of the day/ weekend an and wine singles
  • Options
    Oh and a hangover kit ...
  • Options
    Stuff like PP mentioned, but also including a local tourism guide, and, hopefully a cute do not disturb sign
  • Options
    Okay so I finished mine. Here is what we ended up with (I only had to do 14):

Note from us, wedding timeline, map to venue from hotel
    2 bottles of water 
    Local map and tourism guide
    Snacks (bag of popcorn, granola bar, candy bar, small pack of peanuts)
    Pack of tissues
    Small pack of Advil
    2 Packets Emergenc
    1 small pack of gum

I wanted to make do not disturb signs but haven't done them yet. If I have time after everything else is done, I will probably circle back. 
  • Options
    That's right I have a do not disturb sign too.. Made the bags so long ago I forgot what was in them
  • Options
    Our Welcome Center for the city our wedding is in makes welcome bags for hotel guests for weddings for free. They put in there information about the town and fun things to do if you plan to stay for more than a couple days. I also plan to add snacks, water bottle, and a note from FI and me thanking them for coming to the wedding. We also will put directions for the rehearsal and wedding and times for all the events.
  • Options
    Our Welcome Center for the city our wedding is in makes welcome bags for hotel guests for weddings for free. They put in there information about the town and fun things to do if you plan to stay for more than a couple days. I also plan to add snacks, water bottle, and a note from FI and me thanking them for coming to the wedding. We also will put directions for the rehearsal and wedding and times for all the events.
    That's awesome! I love that they do that - great tourism boost. 
  • Options
    In addition to the hangover cure stuff others have mentioned (water, aspirin, snacks, etc.), we're including Nashville/Tennessee specific things as that is where a lot of my family has settled - so linen sprinkling powder from a boutique there, personalized Jack Daniels bottles, Goo Goo Clusters, and personalized notes from FI and me. 
  • Options
    We're doing altitude sickness info and alcohol at altitude info, 2 bottles of water, chapstick, bag of boulder chips, granola bars, some peppermint candies, and some chocolates.  There will also be info on the schedule and contact numbers and the movie listings for the theater right by the hotel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, we're also planning to do "home state" things to represent each of us - Old Bay seasoning + Fischer's Caramel Corn for me (Maryland) and Golden Flake chips and Preister's Pecan Pralines for him (Alabama) 

OjitosVerdes LOVE GooGoo clusters - they're so hard to find up here, so whenever we hit up a Cracker Barrel, we are sure to buy a box of the GooGoo Supremes. (My mom has family in Nashville who used to send them to us when we were little)!
  • Options
    I put bottle water, a snack, a do not disturb door hanger, couple books about the local food and tourism, I put a map from the ceremony to reception and a little note from us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We will do sweet and salty snacks, water bottles, advil, a letter, vouchers for the breakfast his parents are hosting the next morning, and I don't know what else.  We are getting married at the hotel so everything is in one spot.
  • Options
    We decided not to do individual bags but we're going to set up a spread of sliced cheeses, salamis, crackers, grapes, other fruit, and some gourmet sparkling juices and bottles of water.  We got in touch with the owner the VRBO where the whole family is staying and they're going to let us in that morning so we can have it set up and waiting on the dining table with a welcome note when everyone comes in from the airport.
  • Options
    Our wedding is in the Fort Worth Stockyards. The OOT bags have the Texas flag, Tex-Mex snack mix, post cards, playing cards, and a bumper sticker. I still need to add some bottled water, a bottle of Texas wine, some pecan pralines, and some brochures from the stockyards. Will finish these up this weekend.
  • Options
    All my FI's guests are from out of town, I've decided not to do welcome bags, that's half our guests. I refuse to add one more thing to my to do list!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @marsm4 if I have a lot more bags to do, I would have nixed them all together. I don't think anyone expects them anyways, so no big deal! Better to just take something off your plate. I have nixed several craft projects that I didn't like the way they were turning out or because they were going to take way too much time. 
  • Options
    Our room block has totally filled and they had to open up more rooms.  Totally dreading putting these bags together!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards