Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Which Caterer for 1840s City Lites?

Hello,

My finace and I are getting married on March 24, with a reception at the 1840s City Lites room.  We have only been in touch with two caterers so far - Linwoods and Catering by Uptown.  I have eaten at Linwoods and spoken with a rep there, and I loved the food.  Uptown we're not sure about....they told me that they cook most of the food in their main kitchen (which is in College Park) and then finish at the site - this doesn't sound very good and has the potential for rubbery meat, etc.  They have oiffered a free tasting at their main kitchen, but again, it won't taste like the catered event we think?  We love the sales rep we've been paired with, though, and they've been so helpful an responsive so far.

Anyone used Uptown?  We've already heard rave reveiws for Linwoods and liekt he food (though a bit pricey?) and really want to know if Uptown is as good as they say, esp. with carrying the already-cooked food so far.

Also, any thoughts on the 1840s catering list are much appreciated, thanks!!!
 Absolutely Perfect Catering
Atlantic Caterers:
Biddle Street Catering
Catering by Carlton
Catering by Uptown
Charles Levine Catering
Chef's Expressions
Classic Catering
Hunt Valley Catering
Innovative Gourmet
Linwoods Catering
Putting on the Ritz
Sascha's Catering
Squire's Catering
Zeffert & Gold

Re: Which Caterer for 1840s City Lites?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Catering by Uptown for our wedding, and the food was fantastic.  I would do the tasting - it really was exactly like the food we had at our wedding, so it will give you a good idea.

I've eaten food by Biddle Street and Sacha's, but more luncheon-type food, nothing fancy.  I have always been disappointed by the service/staff from Biddle Street, and the food is just so-so (though more casual than what I'm sure you'll be serving).  I really like the food from Sacha's, though again it was probably not the same sort of food you'd have for a wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    weezie825weezie825 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We used Atlantic Caterers and they were outstanding! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jeniherrerajeniherrera member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you guys - still haven't decided.  Doing a tasting with Uptown today.  I like that they provide a Day of coordinator, and their price includes everything up front, so hopefully the food is good!
  • Options
    jenn&chadjenn&chad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Visionary Art Museum and I have a very similar approved catering list from them.  We are doing a tasting with Absolutely Perfect in August.  I spoke to Linwoods to ask about their prices and they were really nice but out of budget for us. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm getting married at City Lites in Sept and we're using Hunt Valley Caterers! our next choice was Absolutely Perfect followed by Putting on the Ritz because they created the most unique proposals and were the most reasonable price wise.  I do not recommend Catering by Uptown to anyone but that is based on my experience with them. 

We decided to stay away from Linwoods and Sasha's because we could go there to eat (and so could our families). We wanted something a bit different and are having some "themed" foods to match the room ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards