Ohio-Cleveland

Bridal shows

Does anyone know of any upcoming bridal shows in the next 6-8 months?

Re: Bridal shows

• There are always a bunch in January & February because of the holiday engagements.  Then your information will be sold to a bunch of other events.  I get emails all the time saying, "I met you at the ____ bridal show" and I never attended it.  Make up an email address to just use for wedding stuff so vendors aren't bombarding you.  Quite honestly, I got nothing out of wedding shows.  Researching vendors online was far more beneficial.  I even get calls now, 6 weeks after my wedding, from vendors seeking business.
  • I went to two bridal shows last january/february.  First I went to that huge overwhelming at the ix center... it was just a massive amount of vendors, mostly mainstream people we all have heard of, some were very aggressive, too (the davids bridal chick would not leave us alone after I told her several times we weren't interested... geez).  If you are going to a huge show like that, just stay focused on whatever you are looking for; we did book a photo booth for $500 that day; it had to booked at the show though to get the deal.  We also picked up coupons and such for limos and tuxes, and grabbed some honeymoon brochures to dig through.  

The other one I went to was the boutique bridal bazaar: http://www.boutiquebridalbazaar.com/ . I actually highly recommend this show; much smaller and more personal, with more unique vendors and lots of cake samples :).  I ended up contacting a few of the vendors I met at that show for quotes, and even though I didn't end up using them (i went with in home vendors as much as possible) I got a lot of ideas just by going to the bridal show and speaking with the vendors.  It was a lot of fun to walk around with my mom at this show.

Good luck in all of your planning!!!
  • Go prepared to the bridal shows with pre printed labels with your name, phone number, email and address on them.  Your hand will appreciate it. I found the bridal shows very overwhelming and did not get much from them.  I also recommend setting up a wedding email address for all the vendors that will contact you.  It will save your regular email from filling up with junk.

• There's one in Akron on January 12
  • I did the one at Michauds and the small one held at Ridge Manor where we had already booked our wedding.  I didn't so much go there to see vendors but to get a feel for the space again and to try the food.  I'd recommend the Michaud's one.  It's free and you see a ton of vendors.  The only thing I actually booked at either of the bridal shows was American Commodore for the tuxes.
  • Bridal shows = big waste of time. And like @mlg78 said you will get so many ridiculous emails and calls. 
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • Thank you for the information.  Very helpful.:)
  • Lamalfa's has one in January that is great. Even if it's out of your price range, the food they put out is amazing. They basically put on an great full reception menu for you to sample their foods. For the price of it, you and your fiance can't go to a resturant for dinner & get the food they provide.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards