Ohio-Cleveland

April Outdoor Wedding in NE Ohio

Hello! Newly engaged and planning a mid-April wedding for 2015. We are leaning towards an outdoor wedding, but would settle for an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. Being Ohioans, we are naturally worried about the weather. Looking at the farmer's almanac, it shows our date has varied from 80 degrees to 38. Any advice? Has anyone been in the same boat? All thoughts and comments welcome :)

Re: April Outdoor Wedding in NE Ohio

• I'm in the same boat.... We're planning for 6-6-15 but the ceremony is outdoors. With Ohio weather we're planning on renting a tent for backup. The reception is indoors at a separate location. But yeah... I'm really nervous about weather.
  • I don't think it matters if you have an april wedding or a july wedding, you need to have a backup for weather (cold or rain). There are lots of great venues in the Cleveland Area that can offer you an outdoor reception but have indoor facilities or a tent put up in case of weather. What area of Cleveland are you looking at?
  • Agreed with previous posters you can never count on weather here but even less so during transitional months during spring and fall. Please keep your guests comfort in mind too. 

I planned for rain but not for cold. It was 40 degrees and my lips started turning blue during our outdoors photos in late October. 
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards