Destination Weddings Discussions

Help! I'm new :)

Hey girls, I'm brand new here, and I've been browsing the forum and getting overwhelmed already!  I'm 28 from NJ, and been engaged for almost 3 months now.  My fiance and I are 95% sure we are doing destination wedding, as we loved my sister's at Dreams Puerto Aventuras 3 years ago.  Can any of you suggest links to some sites to help me narrow down resorts for our wedding? We are trying to steer clear of Mexico since my sister's wedding was there, but we are pretty open to any other locations!  All-inclusive is preferable, although if there was something affordable in Florida Keys we'd be open to that idea too.  Thanks soo much for any and all help! :)

Re: Help! I'm new :)

• Hi @nursekimmy85 ,
    I would really look into beach bum vacations.  A ton of girls used them and had a really great experience.  

If you want look into the Sandal's resort.  I am a sandals bride myself and really loved what they offered.  They are all inclusive, affordable, and I have never been there myself but my mom and stepdad love it!   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks!  I started the process today with beach bum vacations...they seem pretty great already.

I'd love to do Sandal's, but unfortunately we can't do adults only bc my sister/moh is 8 months pregnant now, and will be bringing baby girl.  
  • Hey Kimmy I feel your pain!! Who knew picking an awesome beach would be so overwhelming! I took some advice from here and contacted beach bums. They sent me a few packages and had some great pointers. The packages didn't seem like much of a better deal than what I'd seen online but it's nice to chat with someone who has been to all the places and offers a bit of insight! I would love to swap research with you through the process though! 
  • FYI- Beaches is Sandals "sister" resort, exact same weddings and service but it is family friendly!
    Also the Riu resorts are really nice and all inclusive.  
    I am partial to Jamaica (married at Sandals Negril...there is also a Beaches at Negril) and I've heard the Iberostar in Montego Bay or Ocho Rios was BEAUTIFUL (all inclusive/family friendly as well).

Good Luck!

Thanks!  I started the process today with beach bum vacations...they seem pretty great already.

I'd love to do Sandal's, but unfortunately we can't do adults only bc my sister/moh is 8 months pregnant now, and will be bringing baby girl.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ahh yes so overwhelming!  Beach Bum vacations recommended 2 resorts to meet our needs....Azul Sensatori and Hard Rock in Punta Cana.  How's your search going?   I've read mixed reviews about Azul's location and beach, but majority of the wedding reviews seem great.  Hard Rock looks great, but I'm nervous about this resort being too big for our group of probably 50 people.  
  • My cousin was going to get married at Hard Rock Punta Cana. I also thought it was huge & didn't like that a majority of the rooms were not oceanview. She ultimately decided against it and had her wedding closer to home. It looked like a great place, but she just felt it would be harder to get everyone together.
  • Welcome to the board!

I'm early into my planning, but we chose the Riviera Maya region of Mexico.  I've heard nothing but great things about the area, plus extremely cost effective for our guests.  We chose the Now Jade Riviera Cancun.  From reviews and people we know that have been it has everything we want.  I'm super excited (and nervous since we have never been)!  Good luck with your planning!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good luck with all of your planning :)  We have been to  Riviera Maya several times and absolutely love it!  You will have such a great time!  Never been to your particular resort, but  I've heard it's awesome.  We still have no idea if we are doing destination yet, and we are actually looking at 2 local NJ waterfront venues today to see if something clicks.  Can't wait until we pick a place!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards