June 2013 Weddings

Help me out with what I can do for junior bridesmaids

I haven't asked my nieces yet but I feel bad leaving them out and thinking about asking them to Junior Bridesmaids.

My colors are

Blush pink and oyster/champagne color.   My problem is The oyster is more of a silvery color and the blush is very light.   My flower girls dresses are oyster and my bridesmaids are blush pink.   Added pictures of dress.  I have one dress each already.  My flower girl dress was a 40% off because the boutique was no longer doing flower girl dress.  Its a Jane Calabrese and in person its just tdf.  Its for my daughter and its a smidge big so she will be fine. 

I am thinking about heading out next week with my swatches and coming as close as I can.

Oh my neices at the time I am getting married will be 15 and 12 and their mom is my sister and Maitron of Honor

Here is a link to the flower girl as well. I would post one of the bridesmaid online but they aren't close at all. the dress online looks gray  lol

http://www.zone4kids.com/Mon_Cheri_Flower_Girl_Joan_Calabrese_19320_Flower_Girl_Dresses.html?gclid=CKeF7f-ih7MCFYw-MgodxlEANA

Re: Help me out with what I can do for junior bridesmaids

• emilyb213emilyb213 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Answer
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_help-me-out-with-what-i-can-do-for-junior-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:10b841f7-c628-49b1-86de-9c920b099931Post:b68983bc-6cf9-4685-82cb-6f1da85c6054">Help me out with what I can do for junior bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't asked my nieces yet but I feel bad leaving them out and thinking about asking them to Junior Bridesmaids. My colors are Blush pink and oyster/champagne color.   My problem is The oyster is more of a silvery color and the blush is very light.   My flower girls dresses are oyster and my bridesmaids are blush pink.   Added pictures of dress.  I have one dress each already.  My flower girl dress was a 40% off because the boutique was no longer doing flower girl dress.  Its a Jane Calabrese and in person its just tdf.  Its for my daughter and its a smidge big so she will be fine.  I am thinking about heading out next week with my swatches and coming as close as I can. Oh my neices at the time I am getting married will be 15 and 12 and their mom is my sister and Maitron of Honor Here is a link to the flower girl as well. I would post one of the bridesmaid online but they aren't close at all. the dress online looks gray  lol
    Posted by melissanjoe21[/QUOTE]

Quoted so I could read it.

In my opinion, I really dislike the "junior bridesmaid" title. If you are asking them to stand up with you, then call them a bridesmaid. Don't juvenlize them or the significance of being asked to stand up with you on your wedding day by tacking on the "junior." That's just my two cents. For what it's worth, my 14 year old brother and 15 year old sister are in our wedding party, and they're just a groomsman and bridesmaid.

Now...on to the question of their dresses. Since they're younger, I'd put them in a more conservative blush pink dress, to match the Matron of Honor. From what I can tell from the picture, I'm guessing a 12 or a 15 year old would be comfortable in that dress, because it looks like it's more form-fitting.

P.S. I love the colors you've picked for your wedding party.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_help-me-out-with-what-i-can-do-for-junior-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:10b841f7-c628-49b1-86de-9c920b099931Post:802089aa-1d03-4cde-9abf-e3ba9f5d36bd">Re: Help me out with what I can do for junior bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Help me out with what I can do for junior bridesmaids : Quoted so I could read it. In my opinion, I really dislike the "junior bridesmaid" title. If you are asking them to stand up with you, then call them a bridesmaid. Don't juvenlize them or the significance of being asked to stand up with you on your wedding day by tacking on the "junior." That's just my two cents. For what it's worth, my 14 year old brother and 15 year old sister are in our wedding party, and they're just a groomsman and bridesmaid. Now...on to the question of their dresses. Since they're younger, I'd put them in a more conservative blush pink dress, to match the Matron of Honor. From what I can tell from the picture, I'm guessing a 12 or a 15 year old would be comfortable in that dress, because it looks like it's more form-fitting. P.S. I love the colors you've picked for your wedding party.
    Posted by emilyb213[/QUOTE]

I disagree on the term 'junior bridesmaid', but I think each situation is different and I think their age is also a factor. For our wedding, we will be including our 4 nieces as junior bridesmaids since they will range from ages 7-12 and will be a bit too old to be flower girls but too young to do readings, etc.. So I wasn't too sure how else we could include them in the wedding, since we do want to include them.

And I agree with Emily as far as dresses go. Love the colors, and I think they look really good together!
  • Our nieces and nephew will be lantern bearers.  I didn't want junior bridesmaids or mini brides or flower girls so I came up with something that really seems to work better with our decor, attire, etc.

I agree with what everyone else has said on the dresses.  The colors you picked are beautiful!
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know what your saying about the title of junior bridesmaids.

The bridesmaids dresses I have picked are so so not appropriate foe a 12 year old and I don't even feel comfortable the 15 year old wearing the same dress as her mom.  the 15 year old could pull of that dress the 12 year old not so much.

My bridesmaids are size 2 and a size 4 
  • What designer is your Matron of Honor's dress?

Off the top of my head, the B2 and Belsoie lines by Jasmine Bridal do all of their dresses in junior sizes, and a lot of their styles would be appropriate for 12 & 15 year olds.
  • That is a vera wang at davids bridal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards