New Jersey
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Suggestions?

I'm from PA but planning a NJ wedding. Our ceremony will be at a church in Summit, NJ and the wedding party will be staying at the Hyatt Morristown. Any suggestions for a rehearsal dinner location near either of these towns or somewhere in between them?

We'll have between 35-40 people. We're looking for somewhere that is not BYOB and has a nice, classy and/or modern feel to it. Preferably Italian or American cuisine.

Thank you so much for any suggestions! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Suggestions?

• Options
    Which church in Summit??

I would recommend Anna's Ristorante http://www.annasristorante.com/ or Marco Polo http://www.marcopolonj.com/  both are in Summit and are Italian.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    St. Teresa of Avila 

Thank you for the suggestions! I will check them out! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    St. Teresa of Avila 

Thank you for the suggestions! I will check them out! :)
    Me too!  Those are relatively close to the church.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @FutureMrsN3312 It's such a beautiful church, isn't it? I'm so excited! 

If you don't mind me asking, which day of the week is your wedding and your rehearsal? 

We're getting married on a Saturday, but we're still waiting on confirmation for the day of the week that the rehearsal is (she said probably Thursday or Friday). My FMIL is super excited about planning the rehearsal dinner though, so that's why I've gotten started looking for restaurants. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're getting married Saturday May 17th.  We haven't met with our priest yet so I don't have a rehearsal dinner date booked yet.  I'm actually going to call the rectory today because I'd like to set up our meeting and get the rehearsal dinner taken care of.  A lot of our bridal party is out of state (NY) so I'd like to give them as much notice as possible.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If you are looking in Morristown, there are a lot of options! Pazzo Pazzo is across the street and is not BYOB and has a more modern feel. 
  • Options
    Hi!  I live in Morristown and my H and I considered having our rehearsal dinner here.  Many restaurants are BYOB so I'll only list those that aren't.  Here are some options.... all are good food and walkable from the Hyatt unless noted.  Please note, none have a separate party room except for one:
    • Like PP said, Pazzo Pazzo is an excellent choice.  There is also outside space where you can mingle afterwards.
    • David Todd's - very modern, my current favorite place!  Similar to Pazzo Pazzo.
    • Famished Frog - a publike atmosphere (not fancy) but has a separate room
    • George & Martha's - American cuisine.
    If you're willing to drive, right near Summit is the Huntley Taverne, which has a separate party room, a bar and a cool atmosphere.  We had our rehearsal dinner, bridal brunch and my bridal shower at their sister restaurants which are 3 West, Grato and Tabor Road Tavern, two of which are close to Morristown.  The last option would be the Blue Morel Tavern which is located in Morristown at the Westin Governor Morris, which is right down the road but not walkable.  

If you want, PM me your email address and I'll send you a list of all of the restaurants here with descriptions.  I use it for friends and work visitors and am happy to share.  Good luck!  :-)

• Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2013
    Here's a link to the family of restaurants in Summit (Huntley) and Morristown (Grato and Tabor Road).  You can't go wrong with these:

Oh!  And if any of your guests are runners, there is a fantastic running path right nearby!  I can send you the link to that too.  
  • Options
    Giaspo said:
    Here's a link to the family of restaurants in Summit (Huntley) and Morristown (Grato and Tabor Road).  You can't go wrong with these:

Oh!  And if any of your guests are runners, there is a fantastic running path right nearby!  I can send you the link to that too.  
    I second Tabor Road Tavern.  It's delicious and you won't be disappointed.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Tabor Road Tavern is a great choice!!
  • Options
    Thank you so much! You ladies are awesome and so helpful! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Taber Road is awesome, I agree. I also want to second Huntley Tavern in Summit. My shower was just held there. They have a lovely upstairs room with bar and fireplace, great food, fabulous service, can't rave about it enough!! I haven't been to the grotto, but I'm assuming it's as well as it's sister restaurants - which means good, food, wine, service.... You actually have lots of options. Let us know what you choose!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards