September 2014 Weddings

choosing an officiant

I don't know how to say this without sounding racist, prejudice or otherwise.  But I would like someone who is African American, female primarily, and non-denominational to perform our wedding.  Am I wrong?  OMG I feel bad just typing this.  Suggestions.

Re: choosing an officiant

• no you are not.

you know what you want...have you started the process to try to locate?

• still just eyeballing options.  on the one hand i feel like we have time, then again....
  • Did you check out Hudson Valley Ceremonies?  My friend used them, and I intend to inquire as well.  Next to the venue, I feel getting an officiant is the next most crucial step.
  • You shouldn't feel bad.  You want what you want.  Can I ask why?  I'm not judging- just curious.  
    photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
  • Not a problem.  I don't have a real answer.  I just think I would feel most comfortable with a woman and whatnot

• I don't think that is wrong at all!  I envision having a man marry my fiance and I.  It's just that vision I have always had since I was little!  Nothing wrong.  Good luck in your search!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Most especially because it's a decision that will not directly affect anyone besides you and your FI, you shouldn't be sorry for wanting specifics when it comes to that. IMO. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards