Arizona-Phoenix

Venue - $70k budget -

Any destination wedding venue suggestions for the Scottsdale area on a $70,000 budget with 150 guests? We are from Chicago and most guests will be flying in (we have about 290 on the invite list and expect a 150 turnout). I want outdoor ceremony looking at mountains. Preferably an outdoor reception with a roof over out heads.

Re: Venue - $70k budget -

• I've been to beautiful outdoor weddings at the Royal Palms and the Phoenician.  Both were outdoor ceremonies with Camelback Mountain in the background.  The receptions were indoors, so I'm not sure how the outdoor venues would be.  The Arizona Biltmore also has beautiful weddings.  It's in Phoenix, a few miles down Camelback Road from the Royal Palms and the Phoenician (both in Scottsdale).  I'm going to a wedding reception at the Scottsdale Princess in a couple of weeks (the actual ceremony is at a nearby Catholic Church).  I believe any of these hotels could accomodate 150 guests on a $70,000 budget.
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2013
    We considered the Phoenician, the Biltmore and the JW Marriotts (both Camelback and Desert Ridge) for a destination wedding option. Over the years I've stayed at all four and all are beautiful with amazing service and good food (not all have the mountain view though). We found that each offered very different packages so we had to really read the details. Ultimately we decided to stay home so elderly relatives could attend. Good luck!

Edit: the big difference was that cost was calculated differently. It was price per bite (and plate) rather than price per head. So, for example, here in NJ you can pay $200 per head and get everything under the sun. In AZ, it was more a la carte. 
  • Take a look at Sanctuary on Camelback, Four Seasons Troon North, Troon North Golf Course, and the Valley Ho. Those are all wonderful destination options. Valley Ho is a very cool mid-century modern resort. Great roof deck fro the ceremony, right in the heart of Scottsdale. The others are in the mountains and have gorgeous views and great food.
      You might also consider The Fairmont Princess and The Montelucia. The montelucia is a newer property, and is gorgeous. The Fairmont's great too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ooh @zizibet is right - how could I have forgotten Sanctuary on Camelback - I love attending weddings there.  (Stopping at Jade Bar for a pre-wedding cocktail is always fun!)
  • @Gisellerina I would love to do our wedding at Sanctuary-unfortunately we're too big for Praying Monk, and too small for me to want to use that huge ballroom.
       Jade Bar is the bomb.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! We are working with the Royal Palms on a contract (haven't signed yet). I wish we would have time to look at Valley Ho (for its location). The Phoenician wasn't as cool as the Royal Palms (in my opinion only), and the Sanctuary looked stunning but we have too many people. I also loved the Scottsdale Princess and Montelucia! Four Seasons was too far from the airport but I've heard awesome things! Thank you so much!
  • Thank you! I think we'll end up with your Royal Palms suggestion! It's soooo pretty!
  • You're welcome! The Royal Palms is great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Momma2909 - Glad you found a venue!  The Royal Palms is really beautiful - most recent wedding I attended there was in June (a little too hot for an outdoor ceremony), but otherwise was beautiful.  The bride had a really good experience with the staff - everyone was helpful and accomodating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards