Hi all! I originally thought I didn't care about invitations, but have recently been obsessing over them... I never, ever realized there were so many choices! Letterpress, glitter, bellybands, pocket invitations, AHHHHH! I am so overwhelmed! I like the idea of a pocket invitation (and have checked out cardsandpockets.com) which has only added to my confusion. If I use a 5x7 pocket, I need to find a 4.75x6.75 invite (where?!) and somehow mount it straight onto to pocket? I feel like my work would look like a kindergartner did it! And then, I need another envelope for the pocket?! Sooo, my questions to all my brides-to-be out there:
1) What website or stationer did you use for your invitations?
2) If you did DIY - how did they come out? Tips or tricks?
3) Postage for pocket invitations - is it expensive? More than 2 stamps each?
4) Do you need a pocket at all? Can't you just put the invite/response card/directions all loosely in the envelope or do you need a bellyband to hold it all together?
5) How much did you spend per piece on your invites?