Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Montego Bay Sandals

Ok....I keep changing locations on where I want to go, but I want to be able to get to our destination in 5-6 hours and St. Lucia was a looong trip so now I am leaning towards Jamaica.  Has anyone been to the Sandals here? How did you like it.

Thanks so much:)

Re: Montego Bay Sandals

• Options
    Yes.  Hated it.  If you want my review of why, I'd be happy to share if you PM me.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    Didn't stay at MoBay but could see it from the airport (the planes literally come in and out right over the resort). We stayed at Sandals Negril and liked it (we had previously stayed at Sandals Grande in St. Lucia and well, Negril just couldn't compair so that's why it gets a like instead of a love).

Here's the link to our website where we have our review and pics.
    HTH and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

http://www.kristiandkerry.com/HTML/Index.html
  • Options
    Sunshine I sent u a PM  Thanks:)
  • Options
    Just responded.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    ive heard TERRIBLE things about Sandals MoBay.

that being said, we went to Sandals Whitehouse and loved it. we were there for twelve days and could have stayed twice as long.

when we were in jamaica on our way to the resort, we were with a travel agent. she told us that sandals mobay and negril were not to be compared to whitehouse. she also said that couples negril was MUCH better than sandals negril.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I went to the Sandals in Jamaica in Ocho Rios and it was terrible.  I would never suggest going to a Sandals Resort for your honeymoon.  A few posts down, I have a very long review of all the crap they did wrong or you can click on the link in my signature below and scroll down for all the reasons to pick a different resort.  

Also, Jamaica in general kind of sucked.  Every where we drove around including the two and a half hour drive from the airport, we saw nothing bu tiny shacks and run down houses.  Even the Bahamas look like a rich country compared to Jamaica.  I found the locals at the airport to be extremely rude and condescending to us.  I would pick somewhere else like the US Virgin Islands perhaps but I guess that's pretty far away too.  
  • Options
    We stayed at Sandals in Antigua and had the BEST week of our lives!! We stayed in the cheapest room (just remodeled) and it was PERFECT!! We were originally going to Montego Bay, but we switched. I'm so happy that we did. I couldn't imagine a better week with my hubby!!!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards