April 2012 Weddings
Options

nervous wreck...pls send good thoughts

Hey ladies...first off congratsto the brides this weekend you got some gorgeous weather! Well my wedding is less than 2 weeks away and I am really in trouble. My FI and I are having a big multicultural wedding arab/spanish and I'm so nervous. This is going to be a first for both our families and we've gotten a lot of complaints from both sides regarding it his side says its not arab enough, my side says its too arab. I'm scared I'm going to disappoint our families and people are not gonna be happy. On top of that, I've always been an anxious person, especially when it comes to being the center of attention. I don't know how to quell my anxiety...any advice? I really want to enjoy my day and look forward to it but I'm just dreading it :/
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: nervous wreck...pls send good thoughts

• Options
    thank you ladies- always great advice on this board :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't have anything like the kind of pressure it sounds like your families are putting on you, but there was definitely some hesitation on the part of my (new!) husband's parents and mine. We aren't religious and had put together a personalized, secular ceremony and they all totally thought it would be weird and uncomfortable for everyone.

As it turns out, people who love you are just so darned excited to see you getting married that they tend to forget about their preconceptions when wedding day arrives. We got so many compliments from our guests, parents included, about how beautiful the ceremony was and how happy they thought we looked. That was all that really mattered in the end -- they could see we were happy, so they were happy. And I'm sure this is how your families will feel too.

It will all turn out wonderfully. Have some faith! And try not to stress too much... Just do what you can to prepare for everything, and then be sure to sit back and enjoy it on your big day. Congrats to you!
    So far, being a Gray is pretty awesome. image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_nervous-wreckpls-send-good-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:74b53aab-f15e-46e0-b2f6-dd4f9ab3ff7cPost:a0839f7d-c71e-4b72-baed-7980fbda1f67">Re: nervous wreck...pls send good thoughts</a>:
    [QUOTE]We didn't have anything like the kind of pressure it sounds like your families are putting on you, but there was definitely some hesitation on the part of my (new!) husband's parents and mine. We aren't religious and had put together a personalized, secular ceremony and they all totally thought it would be weird and uncomfortable for everyone. As it turns out, people who love you are just so darned excited to see you getting married that they tend to forget about their preconceptions when wedding day arrives. We got so many compliments from our guests, parents included, about how beautiful the ceremony was and how happy they thought we looked. That was all that really mattered in the end -- they could see we were happy, so they were happy. And I'm sure this is how your families will feel too. It will all turn out wonderfully. Have some faith! And try not to stress too much... Just do what you can to prepare for everything, and then be sure to sit back and enjoy it on your big day. Congrats to you!
    Posted by FutureGray[/QUOTE]

thank you! i appreciate this- and you look gorgeous in those pics, congrats!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_nervous-wreckpls-send-good-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:74b53aab-f15e-46e0-b2f6-dd4f9ab3ff7cPost:f1660538-c3af-4fb2-ad14-74be3fdb11c3">nervous wreck...pls send good thoughts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies...first off congratsto the brides this weekend you got some gorgeous weather! Well my wedding is less than 2 weeks away and I am really in trouble. My FI and I are having a big multicultural wedding arab/spanish and I'm so nervous. This is going to be a first for both our families and we've gotten a lot of complaints from both sides regarding it his side says its not arab enough, my side says its too arab. I'm scared I'm going to disappoint our families and people are not gonna be happy. On top of that, I've always been an anxious person, especially when it comes to being the center of attention. I don't know how to quell my anxiety...any advice? I really want to enjoy my day and look forward to it but I'm just dreading it :/
    Posted by adrenalina19[/QUOTE]

Hi Adrenalina,

I understand the pressure that the wedding brings. I initially felt that. However, I was hospitalized last week and some of this week--two weeks before our wedding. That really put things into perspective for us. I am on bedrest until the wedding and decided to let a lot go. It is not worth stressing yourself sick.

The wedding is about the two of you and your union, and you are inviting people to support you. That's all. You are committing yourself to each other and it should be one of the most joyous milestones in your life. Don't allow any extraneous factors to dampen that for you. Good luck! We'll be getting married around the same time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hey I hope everything is OK with you that definitely helps put things in perspective. Good luck to you both on your wedding day!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hey! I was wondering if you would be able to guide me to an Arab/spanish DJ?! Hope your wedding day was beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards