Outdoor Weddings
Options

Need help with ceremony decor

I am horrible at making decisions as far as wedding decor goes. I would love some opinions on my ceremony decor. I wanted to have a colorful wedding ceremony and reception but I wanted to meet my fiance in the middle as far as wedding colors go. So now, our ceremony is multicolored and reception is blue, black and white. The ceremony space is outdoors with lots of trees...i wanted to hang up multicolored paper lantern...how many colors is too many though?  I wanted to do the same with the flowers(have each bridesmaid have a different colored bouquet). If anyone could give  me some advice I would really appreciate it :).

Re: Need help with ceremony decor

• Options
    Maybe you can choose a colorful fabric you really like and let it guide you. I've seen something like that in many decorating shows.
  • Options

I would probably only pick 3-4 colors....unless you want it to look like a rainbow :)

Do you have any favorite colors that you must have?

• Options
    Personally, I would not do more than 3. But I've seen really pretty lanterns where there are multiple shades of the same color like:
    If you did shades like this, you could do poms in another accent color to add texture like:
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    thanks all! well the groomsmen's ties and bridal party's bouquet are going to match colors...He wanted us to to reservoir dogs colors..one of his favorite movies)...pink, blue, yellow, brown, blue, white and orange....should I narrow it down to 3 from those? I appreciate the input!
  • Options
    I would definitely narrow it down. Let him have a reservoir dogs grooms cake or give the guys cufflinks of those colors, but I would keep the decor around 2-3 colors max. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Love the lanterns!
  • Options

I agree with many of the comments above, I would keep your ceremony to two main colors and then use a third color as an accent.  Personally my wedding is mostly a light blue with a gold/yellow color.  Then I am using (sparingly!) Brown as an occasional accent. 

You could use a "Wildflower" theme to sneak all your colors in while still keeping a uniform look too!  Good luck!

• Options
    whats a wildflower theme? My ceremony theme is pretty much rainbow :). I am walking down the aisle to Over the rainbow and my bridal party is walking down to Rainbow Connection. I am going to have a multicolored bouquet as well :)......i just didn't know if many colors of paper lanterns would be too much. :)
  • Options
    Out of Pink, Orange, Blue, Pink and Yellow which 3 go together?
  • Options

Out of Pink, Orange, Blue, Pink and Yellow which 3 go together?
    Hello!

I've come on to the Outdoor boards because my ceremony is outside and I too am terrible about decorating.  Out of those colors imo pink, orange (sherbert) and yellow would look very complimentary to each other outside but if that seems too bright or light I'd sub out orange for blue - I think that too is a good option.
    -anjo (aka the future mrs miley :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Pink, orange and blue go well together. I would stick to those three and would not add another. The colour tone is also important

• Options

I would stick to two or three colors. You can do varying shades of those colors for more effect. Else It might start seeming too much like a kids birthday party.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards