New Jersey
Options

Which florist to choose?

Debating between Flower Elegance and Petals Premier. Anyone have any experience with them? Anna at Flower Elegance is the in house florist for my venue and therefore has an extremely thorough knowledge and vision. Price (from what I can tell from estimates is comparable). Any advice is helpful!

Re: Which florist to choose?

• Options
    AW, Adam is awesome.
  • Options
    I say AW too. I waited too long to book him paying a higher price for it.
  • Options
    I booked petal premier for my March 2013 wedding! I really loved their work after first finding them on WW! I met with Patty who was the designer of a particular wedding that I was admiring. She understood the overall atmosphere I wanted to create for my wedding and took my ideas and evolved them into something that was cohesive and beautiful. Feel free to pm me with anymore questions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Another vote for AW.  Adam is awesome to work with.  He has great ideas and even better prices!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Another vote for AW! I had my initial meeting with him and booked him on the spot! He was able to give me exactly what I wanted for half the price of everyone else.
  • Options
    I am not familiar with those florists but I can tell you that we booked the house florist for our venue - and I think it made a BIG difference.  We got extra flowers and candles everywhere (total surprise) and she definitely gave us a better price because of her relationship with the venue. I'm convinced that some of the venue's arrangements (like in the foyer, etc.) matched our flower scheme, and it's because she knew what we were doing for flowers.  She also knew what was in our reception room and decorated that too (ie. we had a fireplace with a mantle which she filled with candles and mini bouquets).  Just a thought. 
  • Options
    just want to chime in with my vote for AW also! adam is wonderful! he suggested the amazing colors we wound up going with when it wasn't even something that crossed my mind! and super reasonable too!

unfortuantely, i'm not aware of the two you mentioned but if you get a chance, definitely check out AW!
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We booked Petals Premier for our wedding that was in May. Adam and his team did incredible work. I would highly recommend them!

• Options
    I am thinking of booking Adam from Petals Premier.  His work is impeccable & he gave me a good quote for my wedding.  I also went to AW Florist to see their work since everyone from weddingwire & the knot say he is affordable & his work is good , but I felt that as I was looking through his albums, his work did not match up to the end results that I want & have seen with Petals Premier.  He also brought out a sample of a chandelier he would use for a tall centerpiece & I thought it was gaudy. Additionally, the price he quoted me was only a couple hundred shy of Petals Premier......so big savings? Not really....in my case. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your feedback on Petals Premier!  I actually ended up booking them so the feedback with a comparison of the more budget friendly florist makes me feel much better!  His work is incredible and detailed and I felt that he understood my vision and my venue so it was my natural choice.

Appreciate the help!

• Options
    You will love what Petals Premier will do for your wedding! I used them for my 819 wedding and he blew us away! His look books alone made us want to book him and we are so happy we did! They even did a phenomenal job on the flowers on the cake! Congrats!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I just booked Petals Premier today actually :)  I went to NINE florists to see who I felt most comfortable with, who understood my vision, who would give me the most bang for my buck, whose work is most consistent in quality,  & obviously who worked with my budget the most. By the end of the ninth appointment I wanted to shoot myself lol  In the end, fitting all my criteria hands down is Adam Leffel from Petals Premier.  If anyone wants some reviews for the other florists, PM me :) 
  • Options
    So I had my wedding on September 6 :)  I wanted to update on my florist experience.  DO NOT.....DO NOT USE PETALS PREMIER!!!!!  I felt ripped off in the end & the work that was written in the contract was not all done.  Missing fabrics of chiffon down the aisle, centerpiece flowers were not the right color, missing crystals inside the vase for centerpieces, bouquets looking a bit wilted.  The assistant was less than helpful & was quite rude when I told her what was wrong & said, "prove it to me." So on my wedding day inside the ballroom I was scrambling to find the emails on my iphone I had between Adam & I trying to prove that he agreed to do certain things for my centerpieces on my wedding day. I started to cry. They disputed my review on Weddingwire, but too bad.  Customers need to know what kind of a business they are running.  I spent more money as well in the end so I didn't end up saving money with him at all.  It ended up being the same as the others. I do not recommend them at all.
  • Options
    sakura914 said:
    So I had my wedding on September 6 :)  I wanted to update on my florist experience.  DO NOT.....DO NOT USE PETALS PREMIER!!!!!  I felt ripped off in the end & the work that was written in the contract was not all done.  Missing fabrics of chiffon down the aisle, centerpiece flowers were not the right color, missing crystals inside the vase for centerpieces, bouquets looking a bit wilted.  The assistant was less than helpful & was quite rude when I told her what was wrong & said, "prove it to me." So on my wedding day inside the ballroom I was scrambling to find the emails on my iphone I had between Adam & I trying to prove that he agreed to do certain things for my centerpieces on my wedding day. I started to cry. They disputed my review on Weddingwire, but too bad.  Customers need to know what kind of a business they are running.  I spent more money as well in the end so I didn't end up saving money with him at all.  It ended up being the same as the others. I do not recommend them at all.
    Why were you scrambling to find emails if it was all in the contract? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards