Nevada-Las Vegas

Reception Ideas

Hey!  I am looking for some dinner ideas for after the ceremony and DDB.  We want something more laid back and with a fun atmosphere.  We aren't looking to do a traditional wedding reception b/c we are having one back home.  We have a rough # of 45 guests attending.  I am leaning towards Nine Fine Irishmen but wondering if anyone had any other suggestions I can check into before I make a decision.  We aren't very formal and looking for somewhere that is nice but also fun to have some good eats and good drinks.  Trying to stay under 5k for the budget.   I say TRY lightly b/c I know this is not ideal.

Re: Reception Ideas

• We did our rehearsal dinner at Hussongs with 45 guests for less than $5k including premium open bar for two hours, three course meal with three main course options and since it was a Friday evening, the mariachi band effectively turned into free entertainment since they seemed to spend most of the time back in our area anyway.  They're pretty entertaining and will play just about anything you ask for.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I am having my reception at Ri Ra's Irish Pub at Mandalay Bay. They have a private room there called the Parlor Room and it is VERY laid back. There are couches, tables, and comfy chairs in a 70s theme Irish Room. I think the room sits 40 though. There is a stage right next to the room and they have a live Irish Band every night at 8:45pm.
  • I just did a post about NFI in the "Little White Chapel of the West" discussion. I copied their group booking options there.

We have 36 people attending. They have different menu options but we went for 4 course dinner at $65 a plate, and 3 hrs 'premium' open bar at $57 a person (this is the most expensve of both options). After taxes and service charge it came to just under $5200. If you plan on being there after 9pm they also add a entertainment charge. I have a copy of their most updated group menu if youd like to see it just PM your email :)

We have the mezzanine/outdoor balcony booked so its fairly private and it fits up to 75.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards