May 2014 Weddings
Options

DOC questions

edited November 2013 in May 2014 Weddings
So i'm going to meet with a potential DOC (day of coordinator/ wedding planner) tomorrow. What questions would you/did you ask? I always feel like I don't have any questions and then the meeting ends and I remember them all lol.

Re: DOC questions

• Options
    MAybe I'm dumb but what's DOC?
  • Options
    Day of coordinator. I'll edit that!

• Options
    O gotcha! I'm sorry but I didn't go that route so I can't help you there! I've planned and researched my butt off so I wouldnt have to spend that extra money for a coordinator.
  • Options
    @dluberts - all my planning i've done on my own. I'm a Type A person so if I actually want to enjoy my wedding and not be running around fixing minor details I need a day of coordinator lol. It's def a splurge for our budget, but worth it for us.

• Options
    I have a DOC. The biggest problem I've had with ones I've contacted is them not getting back to me in a timely fashion. If I can't get in touch with to make an appointment then I can't trust you to do what I need on my wedding day. That ruled out a lot of them for me. (I'm thinking a lot of people out there are calling themselves wedding coordinators and they aren't really professional since you don't need any kind of accreditation to call yourself one).

Some ideas for questions:

1. Are they familiar with your venues?
    2. What do they charge?
    3. What exactly are you getting for that fee?
    4. Will they come to the rehearsal?
    5. When will they meet with you before the wedding to go over the details?
    6. How long will you have them that day?
    7. Think of extra things you might want them to do that day to ask if they will take care of it i.e. getting you and your girls lunch while you get ready, taking calls from vendors, wrangling family members for pictures, etc. 

That's all I can think of right now.
  • Options
    @tammym1001 that's my exact experience. There's only a handful of doc's in my area & 75% of them either never got back to me at all, or it took a week to hear back. & sadly, serveral of them came highly recommended by my local board. The person I'm meeting tomorrow answered right away (& it was on a sunday night at 9pm). We had everything hashed out in an hour after a series of emails. I can do business with a person like that!

Thanks for the questions! :)

• Options
    You're welcome :) Yeah I can definitely understand if it takes someone a little bit of time to get back to you, but most of the ones I contacted were over a week also and some of them never got back to me at all. It's so crazy. I don't even understand how they have any clients with that kind of response time. 

Good luck with your meeting today. Come back and tell us how it went.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards