North Carolina-Outer Banks

Welcome party in Nags Head, NC

My fiance and I are looking to host a welcome party the Thursday before our wedding next June. Has anyone else done this in Nags Head and do you have any suggestions where to do it?

Re: Welcome party in Nags Head, NC

• We had our rehearsal dinner at Pamlico Jack's, which I highly recommend. The view and the food was awesome! As far as a welcome party I would suggest to just try doing it at your rental house to cut down on costs.  We had a bbq the day after our wedding for everyone that was still around and it turned out great and was just nice hanging around the pool/beach relaxing.  Hope this helps!
  • We did a Welcome Dinner on Tuesday before the wedding; we got married on a Friday and the actual rehearsal dinner was on Thursday night.  The welcome dinner was for my family and his family....so that both sides could come together and get to know each other better.  Of course our immediate families knew one another, but this was for out of state family that we hadn't seen in awhile.  We did this at my parents beach house and had hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, homemade potato salad, corn on the cob, etc.  Nothing too grande, just an old -fashioned backyard party of sorts.

If you are speaking of the Rehearsal Dinner, we also did this at Pamlico Jack's and as Doceri said, it was awesome!  We rented the entire upstairs and had gorgeous sunset views over the sound and there was plenty of space for everyone to mingle freely.  The food was amazing and Doug is so much fun to work with!  

• My family threw me a bridal shower the day before the wedding. We had one back at home, but a lot of our family is in Ireland or far away in other states, so there were more people in the OBX. It was a bridal shower/welcome party. My family just cooked meatballs and we did spaghetti and meatballs or you could do meatball sandwiches. They made favors (shell-shaped chocolates!) and we had the groom's cake at this party as well. We did it at the rental house where the wedding was being held. This way, you are covered because you paid the event fee. We were going to do it at the other house we rented but would've had to pay an event fee (even though reception was not being held there) Good luck and have fun! Don't stress!! Catering or hosting a huge dinner was just too much money.
  • We did ours at Stripers in Manteo even though we got married in Nags Head. I couldn't recommend it more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards