Ohio-Columbus

Rustic Wedding Ideas

Hi all! I'm getting married at Dock 580 next fall and am looking for ideas for  reasonably priced favors....does anyone have any ideas of things they've used?

Also, how did you go about picking songs from the DJ? I want romantic/ classic songs....

Thanks for any feedback!!! :)

Re: Rustic Wedding Ideas

• Most of us who are currently active on here it seems are Buckeye Entertainment brides. I chose them bc the price point is awesome and I loved the Photo Booth. They will play and not play whatever you tell them. They are low key and not cheesy.

Rustic favors - mason jars with butternut popcorn form Al's gourmet popcorn factory on Bethel in your wedding colors. This is what we did and the guests loved it. I bought the half pint wide mouth jars. Check out the favors board too: http://forums.theknot.com/categories/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Fall themed rustic favors - OMG - you'll be overwhelmed with pinterest and DIY ideas I bet!  

I've seen so many cute ideas ... individual apple butters, jams, or honey.  Buckeyes (real and candy)  Tiny pots of mums.  16oz personalized beer glasses .  And candy and popcorn is always loved!  The mason jar idea is darling for this, or paper bags works, too!  

Re:  music - if you hire a DJ you like and trust, the should be experienced and expert enough to help you - give them a few things you really like (songs or artists) and also some adjective words like you already did above (romantic/classic) and make sure you tell them things like "we want everyone to dance"  or  "we want to skip the group dance feel"  The more you tell the DJ you hire about you, the more they can play the perfect music for you and your guests!  
  • You could do the mason jars with a popcorn bar.  My firend did this and put popcorn, fall m&ms, nuts, and Marshmellows.  It was a huge hit!

• I love these ideas! Thank you so much! I can't believe how stressful all this is! lol! Trying to have a blast over here but there are SOOOO many options! I'm loving the mason jars with popcorn!
  • Just a thought, that is less stressful for favors that we are doing:

We both have a charity we absolutely love! So every table has a card saying that "in lieu of a favor a donation has been made to such and such charity" and it gives some information about the organization!

I know sometimes people either don't take the favor--or it's something they don't actually keep--which sucks because you spend a lot or time and money on it!

I like the donation idea because it's thoughtful, and you can also choose the amount you are comfortable spending.

My friend did this at her wedding, and everyone at our table totally loved the idea!

Just a thought!
  • Just a thought, that is less stressful for favors that we are doing:

We both have a charity we absolutely love! So every table has a card saying that "in lieu of a favor a donation has been made to such and such charity" and it gives some information about the organization!

I know sometimes people either don't take the favor--or it's something they don't actually keep--which sucks because you spend a lot or time and money on it!

I like the donation idea because it's thoughtful, and you can also choose the amount you are comfortable spending.

My friend did this at her wedding, and everyone at our table totally loved the idea!

Just a thought!

1) Favors are not necessary.

2) It is okay to donate to a charity, but you should NOT advertise what you donated.  Some people may not support the charity you selected and may actually be offended.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Thanks for input,  I can't think of anyone at my wedding that would be offended by a charity that donates money to pediatric cancer research, so I think we are in the clear!

• Thanks for input,  I can't think of anyone at my wedding that would be offended by a charity that donates money to pediatric cancer research, so I think we are in the clear!

I think this is a know your crowd kinda thing. As long as you're not donating to the NRA, political stuff, PETA or something like that - I don't it's a big deal or controversial. I actually like it if it is related personally to the couple - I'm assuming there's a good reason you are choosing pediatric cancer research, so like that :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards