Wedding Woes
Options

::head tilt::

Dear Prudence,
I am a sophomore at a prestigious private college. My sister, an alumna of the college, was able to avoid paying rent by living with a very nice family and providing light child care and housework. I was lucky enough to be employed by the same family, making meals and cleaning, but I wasn't sure how much the family would need me now that their youngest is joining the armed forces. The wife travels a lot on business, and there has been tension between the two, but they recently offered me a very interesting proposition: I could stay on as an emotional and sexual companion for the husband when the wife is away! The man is 20 years my senior, and my first initial response was to say no, but now that the shock has worn off, I'm actually intrigued by the idea. I've always been attracted to him, and I'm sure that was clear to them. I know other girls who work at strip clubs, and this is better than having risky sex with college men. It would also be a lot cheaper than paying for room at college. Is it wrong for me to consider this arrangement?

—Avoiding Student Debt

Re: ::head tilt::

• Options
    Well, no it's not wrong.

But lots of things could go wrong with this.
  • Options
    ok i tilted my head at the same time you probably did.
  • Options
    soooo, what sort of 'care' did big sis actually do?

because I'm pegging people who suggest this (especially when tehy are established adults, suggesting it to vulnerable very young women) are serial seducers who play games w/ young women and enjoy exerting control.  
    But I think that's my religious background/fudniedom experiences showing.
  • Options
    No, GB, those were my thoughts too.  So, it's not wrong per se, but there's a lot that could be wrong with a situation like this.  I don't have an issue with sex work, I do have an issue with abuse, manipulation and brainwashing.
  • Options

Yes, it is wrong, and who needs the drama at 20. Fine another job. What college kid isn't broke?

Must we always go to the lady garden to solve all of our problems.

• Options
    power inequity is the biggest problem.

They have (in theory, best case scenerio, not skinsuit makers) an open marriage and a house and money and an established career and a support system.

She has...nothing except the sex she'd be selling.  If she did this and they were evil, they could destroy her future in a way theirs can't be.  If they decided to kick her out, she'd be SOL.  

I'd be asking sis some serious questions and assuming there's a shower-camera or something too.  I am not trusting, apparently.
  • Options
    It's not wrong if the ones participating don't find it wrong.

Like some of the PPs said....there's so much that COULD go wrong in this scenario. Big time questions to the big sis that worked for them previously.

As long as it's not manipulation, forced, blackmail, etc., as long as the 20 something year old girl was okay with all of it, then it's not wrong. They do what they want. They're all consenting adults. If the girl is fine with it, who are we to judge.

@Wzz - this is when I tilted my head, with a big ??? over my head: "I could stay on as an emotional and sexual companion for the husband when the wife is away!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, she knows "girls" who work in strip clubs, and that's some sort of comparison, I guess.  Notice that college-aged boys aren't mentioned here.  You know damn well that if it were the husband traveling, the couple wouldn't offer to hire a 20 year old boy to bang the wife.  Sexist fuckery all around.
  • Options
    More than four men in the world to fuck.

If this was solely about companionship, why not have the couple say they want an open relationship, then the husband finds whoever.

The key word is "employed by". This is an employer/subordinate relationship with a rather vulnerable individual (20 years old, broke, and "lucky" to have the job).

Of course they're not going to phrase it as blackmail or such. Gotta be subtle to seal the deal. Being "intrigued" may be more like trying to justify the incident away.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    How is this better than being a stripper??? These people sounds like predators, there's got to be some other efffed up crap going on in that household. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013

Are they in a state where prostitution is legal? Because, I mean, wouldn't this be considered prostitution? Sex in exchange for money/goods/lodging?

What is this I don't even.

ETA: Also, did anyone else wonder if the sister was propositioned for the same thing?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards