Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair and Make-Up Help!

I live in Lancaster County and do not know how to pick someone to do my hair and make up for my wedding day! I would like someone to travel to my bridesmaids and I.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to who I should contact?  And how do you go about picking someone?

Re: Hair and Make-Up Help!

• manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    This board is international. We have no idea where Lancaster County is. Try your local board (drop down menu on the left).

I found a salon with a good reputation (and good online reviews) that did on-site hair and makeup. 
  • I don't live near you so I can't give you specific names, but here's how I would go about narrowing down which artist want to work with:
    Search for makeup artists in your area, and make a list of all the people you could choose from.  Check their website to see what their prices are, and if they will travel.  If the info isn't on their site, call and ask.  Rule out anyone who either won't travel or is out of your price range.  
    Next, look at their portfolios.  They should at least have some images online.  You'll quickly get a feel of wether or not they're any good.  Anyone who posts images of poorly done makeup or just doesn't have any photos you like gets crossed off your list.  
    Now choose a few artists who's work you like best, and schedule a consultation with them.  (At this point I would have narrowed down the list to 2 or 3.  Consultations often cost money so I wouldn't suggest paying for 6 consultations, that much money could be put to better use) Once you've met them face-to-face and seen how they work and seen the makeup they apply, it's going to be easier to figure out which one is your favorite. 
  • You could always check craigslist for make up artist. Go to the services section and search "bridal" and see if anything comes up. I found a lot of makeup artist that way, but I think I am going to do my makeup myself and have somebody just do my hair, but it is still a good idea to find people. A lot of the people that advertise on craiglist may just be starting out, but that doesn't mean they don't have much talent. Either starting out, or advertising a good price, so I suggest to look there. You could request addition photos from their portfolio as well to see if they are good at the style you want. They'll probably be willing to travel as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards