Rhode Island
Options

DJ Help!

I am completely lost when it comes to selecting a DJ! I don't know where to start or what we should even be looking for. So, how did you choose your DJ and who did you go with? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Re: DJ Help!

• Options
    Check out Stevie B's DJ Service out of Bristol RI they are amazing
  • Options
    I think the DJ was the toughest vendor for us to book because they have such a profound impact on your reception.  I've been to three weddings in the past year and only one had a packed dance floor.  I ended up relying on recommendations from my DOC and we booked with Music on the Move.  My wedding isn't until September, so I can't rate their performance yet. 
  • Options
    We checked out dj's on both ends of the spectrum but couldnt justify spending over $2K on a DJ even though we agreed music was very important.  We decided on Moondance productions. There isnt much on the website but they were the best price we could find, the dance floor was packed, and they were very laid back and easy to work with. We used Suzanne but I think Alan has equally good reviews. We were recommended by 2 people to use them. We had 4 family wedding last year and my cousin that had one 2 weeks after mine. First thing her new groom said (when greeting us at their reception) to us was I hope we have half as much fun at our wedding as we did at yours. They let you help decide on music and they dont try to up sell you all the fancy expensive lighting/strobs that some do. 
    Advice: When interviewing find out how much overrage hours are and make sure leave your contract open so on the night of you have the option to extend for another hour if you wish if the party is going. Make sure they get your style of music you would like played and multiple styles to satisfy all age groups. Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Xtreme Soundz DJ in East Providence! Luis is awesome and so easy to work with! You can check his reviews on any website and they are all 5 star!! Hired him for my sweet 16 and have been to weddings he was hired for and always a great time with a packed floor. Will be using him for my September wedding and my brother will also be using him for his May 2014 wedding!

Good luck!!!
  • Options

I was a wedding planner for many years and always had great luck with DJ MaShane (http://www.djmashane.com) I recommend they and DJ Ra-Mu to everyone.  DJ Ra-Mu is a little over priced for what you get but if DJ MaShane is not available I would use DJ Ra-Mu. 

I used DJ MaShane at my own wedding and I'm planning my BFF's wedding and she will be using them.

Good Luck!

• Options
    We picked Arpeggio Wedding Entertainment out of North Smithfeld. My mother knows the owner, Rick Lataille, and I met him at the Newport Bridal Show this past February. His company's tagline is "no chicken dance, no line dances, no problem"-- so we knew he was perfect for us! His rates were equal to other DJs in the area, and he's been very easy to get in touch with. Feel free to PM me with any questions!
  • Options
    We used Michael Mancini..he was great to work with and played all the right music.
  • Options
    Xtreme Soundz DJ in East Providence!  He is great to work with. Highly recommend him.
  • Options
    We used Suzanne from Moondance - very reasonably priced and did exactly what we wanted!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Luis from Xtreme Soundz or Ray from Razman.  Can't go wrong with either of them!
  • Options
    My BIL, a cousin and a friend have all used DJ Kevin Whitney. He's in MA and I'm not sure of he travels to RI, but I hope so, since we hope to book him too.

• Options
    I recently got married at the towers on 9/13/13 and highly reccomend Jason Citrone from Music Mixers. He was amazing and easy to work with and had the dance floor jam packed all night long. I wish we could have kept on dancing all night long. I've gotten so many compliments from all our family and friends on how much fun they had dancing & how they wish it had lasted longer. please please look into Music Mixers. (he also provided a photo booth and uplighting for our event all at reasonable costs!)
    Sarah Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    EverAferEverAfer member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    Can you guys share what reasonable rates are? We're trying to decide whether to go with a package deal, photog, video, dj, lights in one or book separately. I am also nervous about hiring a dj I've never heard. And the dj is the person that gets people on the dance floor.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    We used Jason Citrone from Music Mixers. We got the DJ/Photo Booth & uplighting for 1595.

I highly recommend!
  • Options
    I'll third Jason Citrone from Music Mixers. We're getting a DJ and uplighting for about 1300 I think. he's also doing sound for the ceremony. 

He did my brother's wedding and several of my friends' weddings. he can manage to keep the dance floor packed the whole night and covers all sorts of genres. At my brother's wedding, he played Teach Me How to Dougie, Back in Black, and God Bless America, and it all felt like ONE party. At no point was there a song that was like "why are they playing this at a wedding!?"
  • Options
    I just had my wedding 9/14 and we used Patrick from Eternal Events.  He was AMAZING!!  He was so helpful in assisting us with choosing songs, telling us what songs we needed for what parts of the day, the coordination went perfectly and he was great at getting back to me quickly via email.  I HIGHLY recommend him!!  We had him for ceremony and reception, about 5 1/2 hours with uplighting and paid $2200.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

i agree with Jwkosek.

Jason did such a fantastic job at my wedding. I'm still getting compliements about him!! he kept the dance floor going all night and played ALL my requested songs. LOVE  LOVE LOVE him!

We paid 1950, which included a photo booth for 5 hours, uplighting and the DJ service for 5 hours. He was awesome to work with!

• Options
    Check out Corey Young   http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Outside-The-Box-Productions/Profile/DJS/185/386556/profile (I booked him for my wedding)

and Victor Events if you're looking for something different.  He can have a drummer, guitarist, etc play while he DJs.

• Options
    Fernando Rodrigues with Deluxe Entertainment!
  • Options
    I used Alan from moodance. It was $875 for 5hours. He did our ceremony music with perfect timing. I provided a playlist. We were really happy with how everything turned out. Alan gave us a CD with songs from our wedding. I thought that was a nice touch
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards