Chit Chat
Options

Rules for flying? (NWR)

Ok, so not directly wedding related, but haven't flown in awhile--do things like stick deodorant or face powder count toward the liquids allowance? Or can you pack them separately from other cosmetics/toiletries?

Re: Rules for flying? (NWR)

• Options
    Deodorant and powders are fine.  It's only liquid and gels - facial cleanser, moisturizer, sun screen, mascara, foundation/concealer, toothpaste, etc.  

• Options
    Those are fine for carry on or checked. Gels, liquid, pudding- basically, if you could actually stir something into it, 3.4 oz or under, in a one quart ziplock bag. (Airline employee for about 8 years) Here's the official page: http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/3-1-1-carry-ons
  • Options
    16maybeless16maybeless member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    If there is anything you're questioning, just throw it in the plastic bag anyway to be on the safe side. My friend put a container of hummus in her carry-on bag (why, I don't know) and she ended up needing a private security screening because the hummus set the alarms off. Set us back 40 minutes.

But face powder is certainly fine to be packed. 

I swear, getting TSA PreCheck has been the best thing that ever happened to me.
  • Options
    I fly about once a month. Organization is key:

1. put all your liquids in a clear back on the outside of your carry one. Each thing can be no more than 3 ounces. 

2. wear shoes you can take off easily

3. be ready when you get to security

4. grab enough bins. I tend to need 3.

Once you get to the conveyer belt. I fill a bin then unstack it, opposed to taking up all that space with empty bins. Bin one: shoes, purse, laptop bag. Bin two: laptop. Bin three: liquids and jacket (if I have one). If I have a carry on, I put it after the bins. 

Don't forget, if you are going through one of the new screeners, you don't need to take off any jewelry, belts, etc. 

After going through security, I move all myself to the end of the table and repack as quickly as possible.  
  • Options
    SBmini said:
    I fly about once a month. Organization is key:

1. put all your liquids in a clear back on the outside of your carry one. Each thing can be no more than 3 ounces. 

2. wear shoes you can take off easily

3. be ready when you get to security

4. grab enough bins. I tend to need 3.

Once you get to the conveyer belt. I fill a bin then unstack it, opposed to taking up all that space with empty bins. Bin one: shoes, purse, laptop bag. Bin two: laptop. Bin three: liquids and jacket (if I have one). If I have a carry on, I put it after the bins. 

Don't forget, if you are going through one of the new screeners, you don't need to take off any jewelry, belts, etc. 

After going through security, I move all myself to the end of the table and repack as quickly as possible.  
    Ditto this x infinity plus 1!!!  I can't stand when people repack all of their shit (usually including the kitchen sink) and the beginning of the area versus moving to the end.  I want to grab my 1 bag and go!!!  It creates such a huge backlog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards