Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Where to send a college student's invitation?

I have cousins in college. I am sending each their own invitation. I have e-mailed and messaged one cousin several times. They have not responded. Should I send it cousin care of aunt?

Re: Where to send a college student's invitation?

• Options
    If you have tried to reach her to no avail, I would send it to her permanent address (her mom's). You have done your due diligence. :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    If you have tried to reach her to no avail, I would send it to her permanent address (her mom's). You have done your due diligence. :)
    Agreed.  If you really feel that you must send it directly to the student, you could ask her mother what address that would be, but I think sending it to her mother is fine at this point. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you can't send her an invite at college, send it to her mom's.
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    I agree with the PPs, if you can't get a response from her just send her invitation to her mom's.

ETA: You could also just ask their parents for their address.

• Options
    If she can't even respond to your email about where to send the invitation, is she even going to RSVP? Definitely send it to your aunt's house.

• Options
    We've got two college students and a professional hockey player whose addresses aren't clear. We've already consulted with all the parents and will be sending the invites to their parents' houses.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    I would also shoot a follow up email letting them know where you sent it and have a link to the wedding website for more details in case the invite doesn't catch up with them.  
  • Options
    Are you positive you are emailing the right address?  People change emails all the time.  I would call the mom and verify the email address but don't say what for.  Then, I would email them one last time and ask them for their address.  If they don't answer, don't invite them.  (Or you could then call the mom one last time and ask where to send it, if you're feeling particularly nice.)

-----------

To other posters looking for information about sending invites to college students:

Always try to send it directly to the student.  Don't send it to their parents and definitely, do not add them on to their parents invitation.

I am a college student (for just one more semester, yay!).  I got invitations where I was included on my parents and it made me mad.  Especially considering my now-H, then BF was not included.  I am an adult and should be treated as such.
  • Options
    Thanks all, I will dibble check her e -mail to see if it's correct.
  • Options
    Sorry double, stupid phone keyboard.
  • Options
    We sent ours to their parents' homes and texted them that they were there. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Seconding the email thing. Turns out I have missed a bunch of Thanksgiving emails from FI's family because they were still using my university email... and I graduated over 3 years ago!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards