Wedding Woes
Options

I have finally hit the age......

Where I'm too old to watch award shows. Unless, they're doing a good tribute to an older group, what's the point.

I watched the opening lineup, and decided if there is anyone of substance to flip back too. Nope. I did not watch the AMA's because I don't know who those children are?

Re: I have finally hit the age......

• Options
    HA!  I tuned in at the end.  I saw R.Kelly (who was 'the president') performing with Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus and her CGI cat.  Miley should thank her waxer, because you couldn't see a hair on her bikini line.  I could tell the camera guy was having a hard time getting the right angle.  One inch in either direction and we would have had labia for all to see. 

I did see the performance of Waterfalls with Lil Mama.  T-Boz definitely looked like she was in a little pain...She has sickle cell, doesn't she?  Does Chili not age ever? 
  • Options
    I saw R Kelly and Lady GaGa on SNL, and that was a hot mess of hot messness. They just need to stop.
  • Options
    I tuned in for a little of Carol Burnette getting the Mark Twain prize.
  • Options
    I watched all but the last hour, and dvr'ed it.  I really liked JT, Ariana Grande....Pit Bull was an interesting choice to host.

Also, the screen shot of JT before he "turned it on".  He looked like was being held at gun point and would've rather been anywhere else.

Also, Joan Jett and Dave Grohl announcing the "alt rock" award, and it was "The lumineers" "Mumford and Sons" and "Imagine Dragons".  I could tell he just wanted to throw the phone on the ground and say "fck this sh*t".
  • Options
    OMG, O.  Yes!  I hope Dave Grohl got some sort of compensation for being there.  So lame. 
  • Options
    Dave has been pretty explicit re: his disgust about the state of rock n'roll right now.  I'm of two minds about it, but I haven't been a member of 2 of the biggest (and most talented) rock bands in modern history either.  I kinda feel like he's earned his right to bitch.  And I really like hearing/watching it.  :D
  • Options
    And the fact that the same people were all Pop/Rock/Soul/R&B

WHAT?!?!  Is all our music the same?  oh wait...radio sucks
  • Options
    I want to have beers with Dave Grohl.  Especially after watching the documentary Back and Forth last year.  He's just...bad ass.
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013

Whenever I hear about Dave Grohl, all I can think of is this: http://youtu.be/fhdCslFcKFU

ETA:

• Options
    thejucheidea thank you for that! That made my day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards