Chit Chat
Options

Gift/present idea for my mom?

I am recently engaged. And my mom is paying for the wedding. I am trying to save costs as much as possible and help pay but my parents were kind enough to agree before my dad passed that my wedding would be paid. I feel thankful and sad at the same time. I don't know what to give my mom to show how thankful I am to have her. Any ideas?

Re: Gift/present idea for my mom?

• Options
    I would say to think on it as time goes on. It is not something you need to decide on this instant. A perfect gift for your mom will be to see her baby girl happy and marrying the love of her life. How long until your wedding?
  • Options
    I honestly prefer that my son and daughter not spend money on me as they are both just starting out in life.  That said, I take it as a gift whenever we have time together to grab a bite, coffee, or even a glass of wine.  
    My best tangible gifts from my own children, one married one engaged, are photos.  I am a picture hog, so any time anybody sends me a real, hard copy of a photo,(not digital on the computer) I am a child at Christmas.
  • Options
    I agree with LP  I dont like it when my kids spend money on me.  Time is the best gift that they can give me.   But to answer your question, you could give her your time and a gift with a spa treatlment.  My daughter treated both of us to a facial on the day before her wedding.  It was lovely to have the time with her and the facial was amazing!
  • Options
    Gift certificate to a spa or to get a pedicure or something, or maybe a nice picture of you two. My mom loves pictures. We made her a photo album on shutterfly of wedding pictures. It's probably her favorite thing ever.

A heartfelt card is always nice too.
  • Options
    My mom always likes getting cards.  she could care less about presents but she at least wants a card...even when her birthday is on Mother's Day I have to get her a birthday card and a Mothers day card.  But I usually gift wise try to take her to lunch or a pedicure or something so she can relax and be pampered. We did that a few weeks before the wedding and she loved it.  In terms of the wedding my mom just wanted pictures and was not tech-savy enough to print them online or order them, so I made her a photobook with her favorite wedding pics. Day of wedding I gave her a nice card and wine glass that said "My daughter is the princess so that makes me the Queen," which was always a joke of ours.  she was very happy sipping her champagne in her glass while getting ready. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    Spa day and flowers sounds perfect. Spending time with your mom to say thank you and relax together would be a great way to thank her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Shutterfly is having a big sale right now, 40% off of everything with the coupon code.

They also have a free 8x11 calendar (coupon code freecal) that you could do with pictures of you and your mom, you and your FI, etc.  
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    My parents are paying for my wedding and I'm in the same boat - I know that they obviously are being generous because they want to, and I will get them a gift and write them a note & give that at the rehearsal dinner.  In the meantime, whenever I see them or send an email about planning details, I'm sure to tell them how thankful I am for their gift of a nice wedding and how much fun planning with them has been so far.

A photo book or framed picture of both of you from the wedding would be a great gift too.

She is paying because she wants to, and I think she would most appreciate a heartfelt thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards