Hawaii

Hawaii Wedding - All Suggestions Welcome!

I need help! I am Australian and my Fiance is Canadian... My family all live in Australia, whilst his family all live in Canada! I have lived in Canada and have made friends there and he lives in Australia and has made friends here so we both have friends in both countries!

Trying to plan a wedding has been a little bit of a nightmare... Do we choose Canada? Do we choose Australia? We are thinking of meeting in the middle(ish!) and choosing Hawaii!! 

I welcome any suggestions of venues - ceremony or reception! Anything! There are so many options online, its a little overwhelming!! 

Re: Hawaii Wedding - All Suggestions Welcome!

• karencoopkarencoop member
    First Comment
    edited August 2013

Hi, I am trying to do the same thing!  I have found quite a few wedding ceremony and reception places. Although I have no idea what they are like as I am in Aus too.

1. Halekulani

2. Turtle Bay Resort

3. Hilton Hawaiian Village

4. Moana Surfrider

5. Sheraton Waikiki

Hope that helps

P.S How on earth do you change your screen name??!!!!! 

•  Thanks for the suggestions! There's so much to plan! Have you decided on a venue?

Not sure how to change screen name!

• I am also from Australia and got married in Hawaii November 2012. Our ceremony was at Paradise Cove and receptions was back in Waikiki at The Cococnut Club which is loctaed on the 21st floor of the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, the views are amazing! We hired Diana from Oahu Wedding to be our wedding planner & she was amazing! Our photographer was Derek Wong, he is a bit more expensive but the photos were extremely important to us. Good luck with the planning.
  • Thanks! Paradise Cove looks beautiful!

This may a rude question, but can I ask your rough budget? And how many guests that you had? I am wanting to keep it small, max 40 people. I would prefer just immediate family then a bigger party at home but thats proving to be harder than I had hoped!

• Paradise Cove is beautiful & we got some fantastic photos. The weather was perfect! To be honest we didn't really have a budget. We only had 19 guests incl myself & my husband. When we first started planning we started off with 35-40 guests but as the wedding got closer quite a few dropped out as you can tell from our final number. We still had the best time & would do it all over again if we could! Have you been to Hawaii before?
  • We haven't been which makes it tough! We were originally thinking Thailand and found a great venue, so on our way back from Canada we took a vacay in Thailand, but we didn't love the country so decided against it! In retrospect we should have vacayed in Hawaii!

Thanks for all the info!!
  • My husband is from Australia and I'm a Jersey girl so Hawaii was a perfect central location. But really, its just a perfect location for a wedding!!!  Our guests showed up in force- we had about 100 and all had a great time.

Happy to provide any insight/ suggestions if you need. Feel free to PM me. . .
  • Mauna Lani (north of Kona). 
  • We got married in Hawaii earlier this year - my hubbie is from Oz, my family in London, we live in Switzerland and everyone else scattered everywhere.

Hawaii was a great place to do it - everyone was so happy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards