Wedding Reception Forum

Parachute for the ceiling

I need to know where I can buy/rent huge white parachutes to cover up the ceiling. I see the pictures all over pinterest and wedding sites, but can not find where I can get my hands on a few. I really do not want to try to cover the ugly ceiling with gossamer!

Re: Parachute for the ceiling

• I need to know where I can buy/rent huge white parachutes to cover up the ceiling. I see the pictures all over pinterest and wedding sites, but can not find where I can get my hands on a few. I really do not want to try to cover the ugly ceiling with gossamer!
    I googled "gossamer ceiling wedding" and got this:

Trying googling it and shopping around.
    *********************************************************************************

• check out any skydiving sites, they may be interested in renting out chutes!
  • Does your wedding have a skydiving theme?  Can you decorate the ceiling otherwise to conceal its aesthetic flaws?
  • we do not have a skydiving theme, just looked like a pretty and efficient way to cover a lot of square footage. We are having our reception in a Fair building where the rafters, florescent lights and everything is exposed...and not in a pretty rustic way.  This is what it would look like if I could find a parachute to rent
  • Interesting...I've never seen this kind of decoration.  It looks pretty.

Best of luck!
  • Most of the pictures on Pinterest are total phony bologna. They are "styled shoots" which are set up by artists and not real life weddings. But I did see this, and it would be really cool if such a thing does exist, so good luck!! 
  • I'm a licensed skydiver (and I have been for 13 years). I can tell you that skydiving centers will NOT rent out expensive life saving equipment for decoration. Plus the parachutes that skydivers are NOT the kinds they used years and years ago so they don't have that shape. The parachutes skydivers use now are rectangular.

With that being said, I DO have a World War II white silk parachute that I am planning on using for my wedding (which is circular in shape). When is your wedding? If it is after mine (March 14, 2014), then maybe we can work something out. I am more than willing to part with it after the wedding. Email me at 3ringnecklace@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards