Wedding Woes
Options

Birth story- obviously TMI

So Saturday I figured I wasn't going into labor. As such I decided to just grocery shop and do some laundry instead of work on cleaning, etc. I was tired too so DH kept telling me to nap. Around 4 pm I noticed my lower back was hurting and I was having weak contractions. By 6 pm, we sat down for dinner and the contractions had picked up and were getting painful. At 745 pm I called my mom to have her pick up DS. We got our stuff ready, and were out of the house by 9 pm. At that point, contractions were 2-3 minutes apart and 30-60 seconds. My mom was like "go quick,I bet you won't be in labor long". I thought she was crazy. Once we got to L&D it was clear we were having a baby. My waters were slowly leaking and I was still showing contractions. By 11 pm, we were in a room. I was still only 4 cm (which I had been at an earlier appt) so I walked the halls. I had to get IV antibiotics which sucked because I was tethered to a pole. Around 12:30 am my doctor showed up. They checked me at 1 am-ish there really wasn't a change but my water was bulging. They figured her head was sort of acting like a cork and plugging the leak but that this bulge was also keeping her from descending all the way, so we broke it. Instantly I knew that with my next contraction shit was getting real- this was probably around 1:30 am. I tried a few other positions but opted for the jacuzzi tub. I was in there for like 5 minutes before telling them I needed to push. They checked me and yep, there was the head. I made it to the bed, they rushed to get everything set up and I started pushing. 5 minutes and 3 good pushes later- she was out. It was a quick labor- no drugs, no tearing. My recovery has been fairly painless. Breastfeeding has been going a little tough but we'll get there.

Re: Birth story- obviously TMI

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards