Wedding Invitations & Paper

Save the Date Postcards - Post Office Question

We are looking at sending Save the Dates post cards.  Laying it out I want to make sure we have information in correct locations.  The post office still puts those computer reading strips on postcards similar to the letters right?  Does it go on front or back?  I don't want to put information too close to the bottom and then have it covered up by the post office. 

Re: Save the Date Postcards - Post Office Question

• Yes, they do. Vistaprint has a template you can download depending on the size of postcard you are printing. If you do oversized postcards they will cost more to mail.
    GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• If you just go to your local post office just ask them to "hand cancel" which means hand stamp them, and they will do it! That's what you should do for your wedding invitations as well. I just did that for my STD's a couple weeks ago, it comes out great, no big ugly stickers or smeared ink.
  • The stickers are for routing, not postage. Not all locations use them, but i don't think asking for hand cancel means you can disregard the guidelines the post office set out. And you risk having important info covered by a sticker and not seen by guests.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards