Destination Weddings Discussions

Explanation to Guests in Invitation

I am getting married in Cancun November 2014. My parents and future in laws have asked me to come up with an insert in our invitation along the lines of "We understand if you can't join us, please come spend a vacation with us and share in our wedding day, etc." Basically they want me to let me people undersstand we can't join us but put a spin on the invitation as an invitation for themselves (which I thought was already understood with a destination wedding). Does anyone have any examples of wording? Or any ideas?

Re: Explanation to Guests in Invitation

• *understand they can't join - whoops!
  • Our invitations were simple and just flat out invited "you to join us on the beach as we are united in marriage" something along those lines, the where, when and time.

As for telling people we understood if they couldn't make it, that was done by word of mouth.  In fact, we started verbally telling people about our DW plans about 18 months prior to our wedding date (we hadn't even set a date at that time, but knew the approximate month we wanted).  Some people flat out said, well I can't afford that, can't make it etc to which we replied we completely understand etc etc.  Some people said they will try, and we also said we understand if they can't make it, that it was a lot to ask for taking time off/the money spent etc.

I guess long story short, I wouldn't include that on the invitation and just tell people in conversation that you will not be offended if they can't make it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We covered that with the save-the-date and website.  The save-the-date was really simple, but we wrote this on the website homepage: 

We're so excited for our upcoming destination wedding in Cancun, Mexico. We completely understand the trip is not feasible for everyone, but we definitely hope you are able to join us!

We look forward to seeing you at the swim-up bar with a margarita! : )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards