Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Food Style

For a traditional wedding, would you all recommend a variety of foods or sticking to one culture (Italian, American, Chinese)?

Re: Food Style

• For a traditional wedding, would you all recommend a variety of foods or sticking to one culture (Italian, American, Chinese)?
    For a traditional wedding, I like sticking to one culture or "theme" for the main meal.  The cocktail area is where I like to see variety though. 
  • stick to a main theme for meal time but at cocktail hours make it a little more ethinic i  am having a big fat armenian italian and irish wedding, we plan on incorporating some middle eastern foods in addition to the italian foods and some irish during the cocktail hour. 
  • JoanE2012 said:
    For a traditional wedding, I like sticking to one culture or "theme" for the main meal.  The cocktail area is where I like to see variety though. 
    Exactly this.
    *********************************************************************************

• JoanE2012 said:
    Exactly this.
    I agree.  During the cocktail hour, you can have separate stations serving the different types of foods or venue staff who serve it from trays, but then during the main meal, I'd keep to one cuisine.
  • Eh I guess we were weird then.  We had passed apps of no particular ethnicity, a mashed potato bar and a sushi bar at cocktail hour.  Then for dinner, we had one table with sea bass and side dishes that were asian inspired, another table with pastas, and another table with lamb and side dishes that were Indian inspired.  

I think it depends on your crowd.  In my husband's family, having Indian food, with more American food (and they always seem to throw Italian into that mix for some reason) is common. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards