Attire & Accessories Forum

Can't pick between 2 dresses!

Please help me pick between the two!
3.JPG 761K
4b.JPG 737.8K

Re: Can't pick between 2 dresses!

• They are both reaaalllllyyyu freakin awesome!! I personally like the first one better but not by much. You will look amazing in either!
  • Another difficult choice! I think they are both great. dress #1 is my choice, but it was so close. I do however agree with @prettybird27 that the second one is more classic.
  • I like #2. I agree with @prettybird27 that dress 1 will end up looking more dated than dress 2 in photos. If you don't care about that, get whatever one you felt happier in!
    *********************************************************************************

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    I like number 1 better. Number two has been done...a lot. But that is just my taste and opinion. I never really worry about if the dress is too trendy because all dresses are trendy in some fashion (anyone remember those puffy sleeves and high necklines of the late 80's and early 90's?). So you need to pick a dress you love today and not one that may still be in style 20 years from now.

• I think they both look great, but I like number 2 the best. 
  • Definitely the first one.  The second dress is too plain IMO and worn by so many people.
  • BlergbotBlergbot member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2013
    I vote for number 1. The fabric looks higher quality and I actually think the trendiness of wearing a belt will look dated some day. But both are lovely. ETA: ok, they both have belts, but I still like #1 better. Maybe it's the ruching on dress #2 that strikes me as trendy?
  • I personally prefer the first one on you. It flatters you and looks beautiful. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• CrazyCatLady3CrazyCatLady3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited November 2013
    I think you have a beautiful slender figure but both of those dresses are making you look very straight up and down.  I would recommend a different silhouette that would give you more of an hourglass look.  If you don't want something too poofy, you could go with a slim/modified a-line dress.

If you are definitely choosing from these two, I like #1 better.  I don't care for the bunching up at the bottom of #2.  I also think the fabric of the 1st dress looks to be of better quality.
  • I dont care what you wear, some day its going to look dated.  So what.   Number one is way more fashion forward.   I think every bride on SYTTD New York has tried that second dress on.
  • I like second dress more. It's more my style. I don't like all the layers of the first one, but if that is your style, go for it! Then again, you have a much bigger smile in dress #2!
  • @amanditavivi

I personally would go with the 2nd one. 
  • I really love number 1! It has a very couture look to it. I agree that it's also the more fashion-forward dress and that it might look dated, although any dress will in a few years. Pick what makes you feel the most beautiful now. I'm not a huge fan of where dress #2 gathers, or of the satin, but you look fab in both. 
  • LadyBelle11LadyBelle11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2013
    I tried on #2 and fell in love with it....honestly, it is the softest fabric EVER and the way the back falls is beautiful. Unfortunately, it was vetoed by all my girlfriends who have been married before me. Their point? It looks like EVERYTHING all my friends have been married in. Which do you love? The first one is definitely different....it just depends on what you want. I decided not to go with it because of peer pressure and because I fell in love with lace :-(  I will say that one of my mom's brides (she is a florist) had that exact same dress, and her husband could not stop touching her all evening because it was so soft...
  • Personally I like the first one better. It flatters your shape much better, and it doesn't look like the same dress every girl gets married in! Like the poster right above me, I'm pretty sure I have at least 5 friends who have gotten married in a dress that looks identical to number 2! Of course, if you love it, that's not a reason to not buy it.
  • I think number 2 flatters your shape better....but it is a very popular dress.  My consultant told me it is the biggest seller in their store.  That may not matter to you, though. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I loved the first dress....its beautiful and looks great on you! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards