Nevada-Las Vegas

Mandalay Bay-Valley of the Falls brides...

Just less than 5 months to my wedding day and I am starting to have a few questions I am hoping some of you could shed some light on. I have a 3:00 ceremony (which i believe only takes 15 mins), from there I will be having some photos (family, wedding party) at the Valley of the Falls. I do have some photography included in my package (sun-kissed bliss) but have also hired Todd for 4hours for photography. What to do? Dismiss Cashman? How long will I have at the Valley of the Falls for photos?

The reason I am asking is that I have booked a DDB tour with all guests following the ceremony, and have given them a tentative p/u time of 4:00. Is that too soon? I am hoping it will give guests the chance to grab what they need if necessasry/bathroom etc and hop on the DD Bus pretty much right away. I have booked it for two hours so have been estimating we will return to Mandalay Bay around 6ish. Hoping after that we will have the opportunity for some more pics around the area of just FI and I with Todd while everyone else heads up to the Vista Suite to partay! I don't want to get guests back too late as I fear they will be hungry.

I have a DOC helping with setup and letting vendors in etc while we are gone. What time do I have Masterpiece come? How about All Night Long Entertainment? I have booked the DJ for four hours and kind of want him to get the mood set just before the guests arrive back.

Please give me your thoughts!

Appreciated

xo

Canadian Bride getting married at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas on October 19th, 2013

Re: Mandalay Bay-Valley of the Falls brides...

• I'd ask your wedding coordinator (now and again when you're closer to your date) if they have anyone scheduled back to back with you and if so, at what time.  I think they allow a reasonable gap between the next ceremony from the conclusion of yours so there's time to clean and set back up, but if that is the case, you may only have about 15 minutes of your own time to take pics there before they kick you out.

You'll have no problem dismissing the Cashman person at the conclusion of the ceremony and then Todd can come in.

I don't think the 4pm pickup time is a problem; even if you take pics for 30 minutes you'll still have time to get to the pickup location.  You may want to add about 15 or 30 min if you plan to take some pics in and around Mandalay though; there are a few decent spots that unfortunately involve a lot of walking in random directions.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Thank you Vegasgroom! You have been very helpful! I will probably keep the timeline the same roughly. I hope to take some pics around Mandalay Bay, but thought maybe when we get back from the DD Bus tour.

Is the p/u location far from Valley of the Falls? I was getting the impression that we were close to the entrance.

Canadian Bride getting married at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas on October 19th, 2013
  • VOTF is close to the normal entrance to Mandalay, but I'm not sure if DDB will be allowed to come through there, I'm thinking probably not.  The shuttle bus/tour bus parking area is where they'll likely have to pick up and that's in a different location.  if you look at Mandalay on Google Maps, you'll have the three spokes coming out of the center of the Mandalay building; the bus pickup area is directly off the end of the spoke pointing south-east directly south of the Mandalay sign on the strip.  To get from VOTF, which is the area north of the Mandalay sign, you have to go back in where the valet pickup is and walk through the building to get to the bus area; probably about a ten minute walk from a seat at VOTF to the bus parked there.

• Don't mean to hack this but @vegasgroom you mentioned places to take pictures around Mandalay? I'm looking for a spot for a friend of ours to take some pictures of us. I was thinking valley of the fire but am now thinking that they might not appreciate us taking a bunch of pictures there, especially if there happens to be a wedding on at the time (we are staying at mandalay but not having our wedding there). Any suggestions?

• As long as there is not a wedding going on, or they're setting up for a weeding, there will not even be anyone there.  So if you want to do some VotF pics, and they have guards there kicking you out, just go do pics elsewhere and come back in an hour, chances are it will be vacant at that point.

My wife and I did a lot of pics in the grand lobby and the Four Seasons lobby.  From the Mandalay lobby it's kind of a 'secret' hallway back behind the check-in desk to the right that leads to all kinds of great photo locations.

• thanks @vegasgroom! (and I totally meant falls not fire lol)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards