South Asian Weddings

Abbreviated Ceremony...

...any ideas? Thanks!

Re: Abbreviated Ceremony...

• Is it a Hindu-only wedding (not a fusion wedding)?  My SIL did a Hindu wedding in 45 minutes (breath of fresh air to me!).  She literally planned nothing about the ceremony and I don't think had a clue what was happening.  Her pundit just did it himself.  She told him she wanted it to be under and hour and he simply planned it himself.  If it's a Hindu wedding only, talk to your pundit about a time limit.  

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We did an abbreviated Hindu ceremony in about an hour. We asked the pundit to limit to 45 minutes, and assumed he would run a little over that. He was really wonderful - went through the details of the ceremony with us ahead of time and we discussed which elements to include or not. He also explained what was happening in English throughout the ceremony so that all of the guests could understand what they were watching.
  • We also did a Hindu ceremony in an hour. We emphasized to the priest that we wanted to stick to this timeline and he took our request seriously. It's important to find a priest who is amenable to what you are looking for.

We asked the priest to come earlier in the day and set up everything for the ceremony beforehand so that he wouldn't spend time doing that or looking for stuff as we went along. This helped a lot -- he was very organized and it ended up being very efficient.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards