Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Do NOT register at Bloomingdales!

I received a gift order from my registry and instead of the quilt ordered and noted on the packing label, when I opened the bag, it  contained a bath mat (not from registry). I spent an extremely frustrating 30 min on the phone with someone who could not undersand the problem. She transferred me to her manager and the phone was hung up on their end. I am extremely angry. My cousin spent hundreds of dollars and a bathmat was shipped. I didn't think it would be problem to exchange but the call center was useless and I emailed over 48 hours ago and NO one has responded. 

If my wedding had not already taken place, I would immediately cancel my registry. I will never recommend Bloomingdales to anyone. Completely unacceptable. 

Do crate and barrel or any of department store. 

Re: Do NOT register at Bloomingdales!

• Options
    Call their corporate office, or if you don't want to do that, go to a physical store.  They should be able to help you.

• Options
    Did you call the registry consultant at your local store?  That's where I would have started.  
  • Options
    I received a gift order from my registry and instead of the quilt ordered and noted on the packing label, when I opened the bag, it  contained a bath mat (not from registry). I spent an extremely frustrating 30 min on the phone with someone who could not undersand the problem. She transferred me to her manager and the phone was hung up on their end. I am extremely angry. My cousin spent hundreds of dollars and a bathmat was shipped. I didn't think it would be problem to exchange but the call center was useless and I emailed over 48 hours ago and NO one has responded. 

If my wedding had not already taken place, I would immediately cancel my registry. I will never recommend Bloomingdales to anyone. Completely unacceptable. 

Do crate and barrel or any of department store. 
    You can't label an entire company by one experience with customer service, that's just extremely unrealistic.  If they hung up on you accidentally they may not have written down your name or number in order to call you back. Typically it is better to call back after a dropped call as you are the one pursuing information from them.  As frustrated as you may be, it's a warehouse/distribution issue, and not the fault of anyone you will speak with. Because of this I recommend stopping and taking a breath, remembering that the people you talk to are human and have feelings just like you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I will just add that I used bloomindales as a guest to buy something off their registry, and they really were awful. They kept moving back shipping dates, and I ended up purchasing and canceling 2 different items before the 3rd actually worked.

• Options
    I'm with op & fran. One isolated incident will taint me on a store. I will never buy a wedding gift at kohl's again. Out never shipped, they told me i had to call fed ex, fed ex didn't have it so they couldn't do anything, kohl's refused to give me my money back or ship the item for weeks. The gift didn't arrive in time for the wedding, it was awful. And it wasn't a small purchase...it was a kitchenaide artisan mixer. And their customer service was horrid, i kept getting emails thanking me for my positive feedback and they were happy i was happy...i was nowhere near happy!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    One of my sisters registered at Bloomingdale's and had a very positive experience.  I didn't have any issues giving her a gift off her registry.  Sorry you've had bad luck with them though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards