June 2014 Weddings

Flower girl dress and flowers

We got our flower girls dress yesterday! Bridal and formal is discontinuing their flower girl department so any of them off the rack was $20.00!! It was originally $200 so we were pretty excited lol We're waiting to hear back from a dj my husband and I know from the fire house and we're going to talk to one of his friends from the roller derby about flowers in the next few weeks. What do you all think about flowers? Real or silk?

This is is what I've pictured in my head for the girls

Re: Flower girl dress and flowers

• I've always found silk flowers to be tacky, and real flowers always smell wonderful. Unless someone is allergic of course. Are they wearing cowboy boots???? I've never understood that but then again from NJ.  The dresses and flowers together look great.

Anniversary

• That's what I've thought too, but I've seen some fake ones that looked real and couldn't tell. We're all wearing brown cowboy boots, different shades and styles, the guys will be in jeans, white dress shirts, grey vest, a pink tie and brown boots, the girls are all in a pink chiffon that hits at their knees :) We're from NKY where you're 20 min from the city but close enough to farms you can hear the cows mooing in the morning lol
  • CheleLynCheleLyn member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    I'm using "real touch" calla lilies and silk hydrangea. I received my first order of completed bouquets and they are AMAZING! I agree that some artificial flowers are tacky, but I've seen some amazing things done with "real touch" flowers.

I think your wedding wardrobe sounds fabulous! 

Edited for spelling and clarity
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• where do you find "real touch" flowers? I've never heard of them before?
  • I ordered mine from a shop on Etsy...SongsFromTheGarden. She uses a lot of real touch flowers and they DEFINITELY do feel and look real. She has an actual brick & mortar floral shop in Oregon.

You can also ask your local florist to use them. I had asked a local florist about them and one of them had a couple stems left over from a previous project she had worked on. I was surprised at how realistic they were. 

For me it was less expensive to order from SFTG than to use a local shop.
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Thank you so much I will definitely look into them!
  • Those are awesome!!! I've never seen anything like that before! And I am from Nky lol right between cincinnati and Florence :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards